TPG Community

Get online support

eSIM issue

EmyLou4596
Level 2
Hi there

Since last Friday and changing over my phone to a new one at the Apple Store, my eSIM had to be deleted to trade in my old phone and could not be simply transferred to my new phone. I immediately contacted TPG on the same day to try and get my eSIM activated on my new phone. On Monday, I heard back from the team thankfully with an email requesting information and identity verification which I did all of the steps required via email (although I cannot understand why as I am a current customer with TPG and this information should be on file). At this point, I still have not had phone service or my eSIM setup, and due to this it has affected my ability to make or receive phone calls and texts, particularly important appointment and work information. It is now Wednesday (almost a week later) and I have had no update, no response, no emails since Monday… what is going on? Why does it take this long to set up a new eSIM for an exisiting customer. If this was Telstra/Vodafone or any other major network they’d have this done immediately. I only chose TPG because they were considerably better priced and seemed on initial meeting to be very helpful and had a great service but now I’m questioning that. I have done all the right steps in this process and am getting really frustrated that there are no updates, no responses as to whether it is being taken care of and the only way I can contact is via email/here on this page as my phone number and network is not working. It has also made it difficult to access my bank account, make payments or even login to TPG app as they all need phone verification. What service doesn’t offer an alternative email setup or even live contact message if they know this is an issue for customers. I’d really love if someone could contact me or respond to my email so I can get this sorted today. I do not want to wait another 2 days for them to say it’s going to be another week of no network. Also- refunding a whole week worth of the network usage would be great because I cannot say what I am paying for if I miss an entire week of coverage…
1 REPLY 1
Jacob_Bowz
Community Manager

We're keen to help get you connected with your eSIM, @EmyLou4596. Send through a private message and we'll get on top of things!