TPG Community

Get online support

sim activation not happened despite email over 12 hours ago

reveal31
Level 3

I have received a call from tpg and have receied messages from the past 4 days BUT I cannot make any calls...so now what?

BasilDV

Hi @reveal31,

When you try to call out, is it just ringing or does it give you an error message?

How's the incoming calls? Is it working now?

Kind regards,

BasilDV

reveal31
Level 3
Says dialling and is silent, no actual dialling.
I have an R where I'd normally have seen 3G, does this mean anything to you? It didn't mean anything to the person I spoke with earlier at tpg.
I can receive calls and sms and i can send sms.
BasilDV

Hi @reveal31,

I've refreshed your Mobile network since everything seems active. The "R" symbol is for roaming, you might need to disable it on the network settings of your phone. After disabling it, please restart your device to give it a fresh start.

If it's still not working, I'll arrange a call from our Mobile tech team to look into it further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

reveal31
Level 3

ok

I've turned off roaming

now when I try to call I get 'not registered on network'

so back to no access at all

time to go back to aldi I think

BasilDV

Thank you for the update.

I will arrange a call from our Mobile tech team to look into it.

Since you can receive calls, I'll notify them to contact you on your mobile number within 1 hour.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

reveal31
Level 3

oh Basil

I must not have been clear enough

I assumed you knew that 'not registered on network' meant that I had no access to any part of the service 

I cannot recieve calls, sms or data

Please call on the work number already provided

thank you

BasilDV

I see.

I'll notify our Mobile tech team to contact you on your work number instead.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Hi @reveal31,

I understand that our Mobile tech team has been in touch and was able to make the service to work after the troubleshooting. They've also found that there's no coverage in your area, that's why when the roaming was disabled, you weren't able to receive any network signal.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

reveal31
Level 3

How ludicrous is it that you don't have coverage in my area and yet TPG supplied me with a sim?!!

What an incredibel waste of my time (and yours), never mind the exceptional inconvenience of being without my phone for so long.