TPG Community

Get online support

why am I charged $1 for marketing calls that I don't answer while overseas

rjdownunder
Level 2

I'm running a business and try to block marketing calls as much as I can but now that I'm overseas I can see TPG is charging me $1 for all these calls (I never answer these calls!). Needless to say I need to have roaming on so clients can call me. These marketing companies never leave a voicemail message and I still can't access my voicemail account although I've now called and spoken to your support centre (via cheaper Skype calls) several times. This is getting really frustrating. The Visual Voicemail was working fine while in Australia.

The last support person I spoke to said there's probably no voicemail in my mailbox but I've called my own number and left a message but it's still not working.

And of course I'm getting charged every time $1 for trying... !?

For somebody in Australia to call my Australian number and leaving a voicemail should not need to incur a charge. I understand I need to pay for retrieving my voicemail as I'm using roaming from overseas to call to Australia.

Eagerly awaiting your reply to resolve the technical issue and explain these charging issues

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @rjdownunder,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that the issue with the voicemail has been raised with our Mobile escalations team for further investigation.

To block the call from Marketing companies, you need to get in touch with the DNCR (Do not call register) to stop receiving calls from them.

Further updates with the case will be provided by your case manager.

In the meantime, if you have any further enquiries or require general information on the matter, contact us here and we'll be sure to get this coordinated for you.

regards,

BasilDV