TPG Community

Get online support

Email problems gmail to tpg

Megstar
Level 3
@Shane after the 5 pages of comments on this thread you’d think that would be enough of a clue for tpg to actually make some move to adjusting the filters that are stopping gmail. I’m not going to jump through your hoops to make it look like you’re trying to help when it’s something you are actually blocking. How about you talk to the postmaster and get back to us all.
BouncesGmail
Level 2

"Welcome to TPG Community! "   Was that sarcasm?   It was pretty good.

My mom is 90 years old and I'm 12k miles away.  

Too bad I can't send her an EMAIL with explicit instructions how to do what you suggest.

I really can't imagine explaining this over the phone.

Why did her account (and my Dad's BTW) just magically stop getting my emails?

What's the point of getting me to get her to "check the email settings (filtering)".  Since she never set her filters to reject my emails, what makes you think she can figure out how to NOT reject them?

I can't beleive you treat your customers this way....  Getting rid of spam is great... but really.... killing all emails from gmail...  ??  Someone needs to fire the person who thought of that solution.

Shane

Hi @Megstar 

Please understand that we need your details so we can perform initial investigation at the same time raise this to the postmaster directly. We will wait for your details so we can proceed the assessment.

Regards,

@Shane after the 5 pages of comments on this thread you’d think that would be enough of a clue for tpg to actually make some move to adjusting the filters that are stopping gmail. I’m not going to jump through your hoops to make it look like you’re trying to help when it’s something you are actually blocking. How about you talk to the postmaster and get back to us all.

Shane

Hi @BouncesGmail 

Send us the account details of your mother so we can coordinate this with the postmaster, also include the error message/bounce back that you receive when sending emails to her inbox.

Regards,

"Welcome to TPG Community! "   Was that sarcasm?   It was pretty good.

My mom is 90 years old and I'm 12k miles away.  

Too bad I can't send her an EMAIL with explicit instructions how to do what you suggest.

I really can't imagine explaining this over the phone.

Why did her account (and my Dad's BTW) just magically stop getting my emails?

What's the point of getting me to get her to "check the email settings (filtering)".  Since she never set her filters to reject my emails, what makes you think she can figure out how to NOT reject them?

I can't beleive you treat your customers this way....  Getting rid of spam is great... but really.... killing all emails from gmail...  ??  Someone needs to fire the person who thought of that solution.

Megstar
Level 3
This is exactly what I’m talking about. I’ve previously contacted the postmaster and provided information and it went no where.
We got our club members to check filters - which they also had never changed in their whole time being with TPG , and there was nothing to change and this solved nothing.
The issue is gmail is under a blanket block by TPG due to the volume of emails coming from the service (this is what I was told when I enquired to the postmaster)- people are not getting their information.

Now I ask if the TIO should be informed as this blocking paying customer’s information from reaching them.
Tpg stop giving us all the run around and look into the filters and YOU talk to the postmaster and see the generic response we all get.
Megstar
Level 3
For a reminder. This is the postmaster reply I’d received from someone called “Jerico”

“Due to amount of spam receiving from gmail servers, they were rated limited.

The more clean email they send the better IP reputation goes and rate limiting might be gone. However, the dirty email they send the lower it goes.

Regards,”

Still assuming all emails are “dirty” from gmail is nuts.
BouncesGmail
Level 2

Shane:

I have sent you a PM with the details or my parent's accounts.

I assume the PM went through, but the first attempt complained that it had HTML (from the email copy) and then it said I had reached the PM limit.  Fingers crossed.

Shane

Hi @BouncesGmail ,

I have not yet receive an messages from you. Could you please check your sent items.

Here is how to send a PM. 

Regards,

Shane:

I have sent you a PM with the details or my parent's accounts.

I assume the PM went through, but the first attempt complained that it had HTML (from the email copy) and then it said I had reached the PM limit.  Fingers crossed.

BouncesGmail
Level 2

To Shane.

OK.  This time the system said the DM was sent.

Shane

Our Postmaster confirmed that this is due to rate limiting applied by our email security system because of too much spam receiving from Gmail servers/IPs.

Our email security system detected that your IP address is sending spam emails. We encourage to stop the spam on your IPs so it will have a good reputation and will be able to send to TPG email addresses.

Regards,

To Shane.

OK.  This time the system said the DM was sent.