TPG Community

Get online support

Emails no longer downloading to 2 devices

SOLVED Go to solution
sajheath
Level 2

My wife and I have a shared email address with TPG that we have been using for many years. 

Recently (within the last month) once I or my wife check emails on our individual devices we no longer receive all of the emails.

If my wife receives the emails on her device then I do not receive them and viceversa. 

I log onto the TPG Post Office inbox and there are no emails.

I have checked settings and some of the setup/help files but nothing located.

How can I fix this to return to what used to have occurred please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sajheath
Level 2

Thanks for that.  I will check later when she's home and update this query with results.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
david64
Level 15

Hi @sajheath . What email clients do you use on each of your devices?

There might be a setting that says to delete mail items from server after being read (or downloaded).

When you login to Post Office and see no mail items, can you check in the Trash folder? 

sajheath
Level 2

Thanks david64

I use Outlook 2007 and my wife has got a relatively new Apple MacBook Pro.

I've checked my settings in Outlook but can't currently find anything related to not deleting emails.

My wife has checked her Apple and found nothing relating to that also.  I haven't looked at her MacBook as yet but then they are absolutely foreign to me.

I have just checked the trash folder and it's empty.

sajheath
Level 2

Thanks again david64,

I have just gone again into my settings on my Outlook and found that checked box for leaving the emails on the server had been unchecked???  I have now checked that so the emails now remain on the server.

Guessing I will somehow then have to locate where these settings on the MacBook Pro are located when my wife returns home.

david64
Level 15

@sajheath . This may help.

How do I automatically delete emails in Apple Mail?

Via the navigation bar at the top you go to “Mail”> “Preferences”. Go to the “Accounts” tab and choose the account for which you want to make the change in the left margin. Go to the “Account Information” tab and check the option to delete emails from the server after retrieving Apple Mail.

In this case, you want the option unchecked.
sajheath
Level 2

Thanks for that.  I will check later when she's home and update this query with results.

Cheers.

sajheath
Level 2

Thanks for that, looks like it worked.