TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Drop outs

CJArthur
Level 3
Hi Team,
Have some real annoying problems with my service of late. I am getting constant drop outs of my internet service and it’s causing problems with my Foxtel service. I reset the router/modem and it comes back for a while then drops out again not long after.
11 REPLIES 11
Riezl

Hi @CJArthur,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We're sorry to know that you're having issues with the service and we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you.

We have tried to locate the account using your community details, but we were unable to find a match.

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link:

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

BasilDV

Hi @CJArthur 

Thanks for sending the account details via PM.

We've tested the line and wasn't able to detect any fault within the NBN network. The modem shows that it's been stable for almost a day now.

We checked the connection logs and noticed the dropouts that started last 30th of December 2019.

When you lost the internet, did you notice any changes with the light status of the NBN NTD (ARRIS) box and the router? Is it time specific or random dropouts?

BasilDV

CJArthur
Level 3
Hi,
Stable for a day now. Well that gives me great confidence.

The only light that was missing was the ‘ONLINE’ green light on the router.
CJArthur
Level 3
6/1/20 @ 1812hrs - No internet
CJArthur
Level 3
6/1/20 @ 1845 - Drop Out
CJArthur
Level 3
6/1/20 @ 1854 - Drop Out
BasilDV

Thank you for the update, @CJArthur.

We'll arrange a call from our tech team to check on this further.

Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

BasilDV

CJArthur
Level 3
Call
CJArthur
Level 3
Oh look, it’s another day and I’ve just logged onto the internet. Within 5mins I have drop outs with the internet and Foxtel. I really hope your technician fixes the problem otherwise I will be seeking legal advice to cease the contract.