TPG Community

Get online support

No NBN internet connection for 3 days already and no progress in fixing

Peter27
Level 2

We have switched from ADSL to NBN last Saturday 23/11 and had our Telstra home phone ported to TPG on the following Tuesday 26/11.  Since then, we have lost connection to internet.  I contacted TPG on Tuesday, waited for an hour before I was put to a technician.  After some attempt to reset the modem and testing with no success to restore the connection, I was advised my incident will be escalated to an engineer and TPG will be in touch with me in the next 24 hours.

On Wednesday 5:30 pm, the technician contacted me and advised that the matter been referred to NBN to investigate and again will provide me an update in the next 24 hours.  As I type this message at 8pm Thursday, more than 24 hours, no one from TPG has contacted me.

As a loyal customer to TPG, we thought we’ll stay with them when switched over to NBN.  Now we regret doing so, it is disappointing and extremely inconvenient when my wife requires the connection for working from home.  We wish we can revert back to ADSL with no hiccups.

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @Peter27 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and checked the ticket from our Engineering team.

They've requested for an NBN technician to check your service and an appointment was booked tomorrow (Friday - 29th November) between 8AM - 12NN. They've sent you an SMS advising of the appointment and they are waiting for your confirmation.

Please respond to the SMS or advise me via PM with your preferred NBN technician appointment along with your preferred time and best number to be contacted by your assigned Engineer,

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

BasilDV

Peter27
Level 2

PM to BasilDV and SMS to NBN technician to confirm appointment and awaiting for their response.

Shane

Hi @Peter27, we chased this to our Engineering Team for confirmation. We've seen that your service has been attended by one of NBN Technician and the service is now working, currently connected for 1h 44m. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Peter27
Level 2

Hi Shane,

The NBN technician has replaced a faulty nbn hardware located outside the house.  So far the internet is working but has dropped out twice and recovered itself.  Hope it gets better as we never experienced this with ADSL before.

Thank you for your effort.

Peter

BasilDV

Hi @Peter27

Thanks for the update.

Our Engineers will be monitoring the service to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV