TPG Community

Get online support

Outlook Email error message Server error 550 5.7.1

Gregory10
Level 3

I cannot send Emails from Outlook (2016), I receive the following message 

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'XXXX@gmail.com' on 11/08/2020 7:20 PM

Server error: '550 5.7.1 <XXXX@gmail.com>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.'

I also signed into TPG post office, it will not allow my to send Emails also. I know the Email address I am send to is working as it is my work Email, any assistance would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
David_M

Hi @Gregory10 

Just wondering if your email issue is still current, or have things returned to normal?

Thanks,

David_M

Gregory10
Level 3

Hi David

It seems to be working, I deleted myself from outlook and reinstalled.

I need to send out an Emial to bulk people today so thta will test it.

Thank you

Gregory10

David_M

Hi @Gregory10 

That is good to hear. I hope it works.

Thanks,

Gregory10
Level 3

Hi David

I am still having problems. I have narrowed the problem down to TPG Post Office, I cannot send new or forward old Emails from the post office, something there is blocking emails. The message I get is "Failure sending message: Email address not valid. Please us an email address that looks like user@example.com"

the two email addresses that I have used are my work emails that other people are sending emails to through two different suppliers.

I have also changed my password, waited 40 minutes and the above still happens.

I have spoken to five different people at TPG helpdesk (131423) who all have all escalate the problem and said someone would get back to me, so far only one phone call back, the other times I have had to phone TPG and go through the whole diagnosis process from the start, very frustrating. I will phone TPG again this morning.

Regards

Gregory10

Gregory10
Level 3

After some time spent with TPG helpdesk and TPG postmaster my problem with the post office was resolved, Thank you to TPG  for solving the problem and TPG Community for assistance.

This now left me with a second problem that my outlook part of office 2016 would not work, I had deleted my TPG account out of outlook 2016 and used my Gmail account. Outlook would not allow my to add my TPG account through outlook.

The solution to this is to go to your computer control panel, find mail in control panel and add your account through control panel, now everything is working OK and has been for two weeks now.