TPG Community

Get online support

Poor handling of ending of alphalink email

nsquared
Level 2

I have been a member of Alphalink, which was then bought out by Chariot, and then bought by TPG.  For 35 years, my Alphalink email address worked perfectly, using a Chariot email server in Outlook.  Now, at the end of december, Chariot is no more, which means I had to change to a TPG email account, to use a TPG email server.

This is nonsense.  It took me more than 3 weeks to change all my email contacts to me new TPG address, all because TPG were too lazy to simply make their server work with Alphalink email addresses.  Their helpdesk  just referred me to Chariot who would do nothing.

The partuclars of my email address, which, as I have said wasn an Alphalink one, should have been supported by TPG.  They reckon they can't do it, but I don't believe them.

1 REPLY 1
aonaskal
Level 3

@nsquared wrote:

I have been a member of Alphalink, which was then bought out by Chariot, and then bought by TPG.  For 35 years, my Alphalink email address worked perfectly, using a Chariot email server in Outlook.  Now, at the end of december, Chariot is no more, which means I had to change to a TPG email account, to use a TPG email server.

This is nonsense.  It took me more than 3 weeks to change all my email contacts to me new TPG address, all because TPG were too lazy to simply make their server work with Alphalink email addresses.  Their helpdesk  just referred me to Chariot who would do nothing.

The partuclars of my email address, which, as I have said wasn an Alphalink one, should have been supported by TPG.  They reckon they can't do it, but I don't believe them. AlaskasWorld PET

TPG claims it will soon cover over 1 million premises via 105 exchanges. The interesting part of the announcement was that TPG wouldn't just be offering ADSL2+. "In addition to providing high-speed internet, we are also implementing an SHDSL (Symmetric High Bit-rate Digital Subscriber Loop) service that will allow businesses to securely link their branch offices at up to 4Mbps/4Mbps", said TPG's marketing manager Timothy Strachan.