TPG Community

Get online support

Server error: '550 5.7.1 ... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged

louisegn
Level 2

Hi all,

I see this error has occurred with multiple people - this is the second time it ihas happened in the last onth or so. Very frustrating. The first time i was able to change my password and get emails working again but this time i changed my password and still can't send emails. i need to send emails to clients for my small business as I run classes.

Two questions how do i fix this and how do I prevent it happening again.

I usually send out class information to 5 - 20 people at a time. Is this considered bulk emails??

This is affecting my business and my need to communicate class/course info to clients so need a permanent fix.

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @louisegn ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. I am sad to know that you're having the email issues again. I recommend to perform a reboot on the modem/router for 3-5mins this should do the trick.

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

@louisegn wrote:

Hi all,

I see this error has occurred with multiple people - this is the second time it ihas happened in the last onth or so. Very frustrating. The first time i was able to change my password and get emails working again but this time i changed my password and still can't send emails. i need to send emails to clients for my small business as I run classes.

Two questions how do i fix this and how do I prevent it happening again.

I usually send out class information to 5 - 20 people at a time. Is this considered bulk emails??

This is affecting my business and my need to communicate class/course info to clients so need a permanent fix.

Fiddler
Level 2

My issue is similar - the "Blessed" NBN has been on & off in my area over the last month I will try a reset.

The 550 5.7.1 error has occurred only in the last week.  I too send multiple recipient emails and use an email engine (pdf machine) for large bulk mailouts.

BasilDV

Hi @Fiddler

Welcome to the Community!

Are you still experiencing issues with your service?

Are you using the TPG provided email account?

What troubleshooting have you done so far?

BasilDV

Fiddler
Level 2

Yes.

I have a number of tpg email accounts with aliases.

I have tested each account and they all work except the account to which one of my aliases is attached (my primary account) strangely this account works WITHOUT the alias (i.e the nnnn@ tpg.com.au address) but gets the error message on the account with the primary alias using my own domain name.

the other accounts work using the personal domain name.

I have tried shutting down the modem and the NBN box and restarting - nill efffect.

Regards

Fiddler

BasilDV

HI @Fiddler

Thank you for the update.

We'd like to raise this with our Post Masters for further checking.

Please send me a PM with the affected account along with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV