TPG Community

Get online support

TPG, where’s the support?

Danielle01
Level 2
I’ve been begging TPG to fix my NBN issue for 3 months since I’ve moved out of home. I’ve called every single time it’s happened just to keep a record of how often it’s happening.

Every few days, the UPSTREAM light blinks for hours, and the ONLINE light is off. The DOWNSTREAM light is on and off sometimes as well.

First NBN technician Jamie said it was a network fault, after going to the roof of the apartment building. Nothing he could fix, and recorded a Fail during troubleshooting. When it was time to leave, he said “he had to” put it as Pass, despite admitting he got Fail twice and Pass once. He told me when it happens again, to call TPG and say it was a network fault.

Two weeks later, next NBN technician. This one did nothing but plug my NBN box to what I assume was a device that checks connections. Said it was fine, then left. Of course it was fine, the internet drooped out the day before he was here, but went back online a few hours before he came.

Few days later, next NBN technician. Literally did the same thing as the second, except this time he said it was a “network issue, and that it was solved remotely, and WON’T HAPPEN AGAIN” and promptly left.

Few days later, here I am with no internet.

I’m not paying $65 a month for a service that barely works. I’ve been with TPG for years at my family home, so I trusted them to carry through when I moved out.

Please resolve this properly, have a competent NBN technician come in and actually listen to me and look at the issue.
3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @Danielle01 ,

Welcome to the community!

I am sad to know that you're having issues with the service for months now. I would love to help, take this opportunity to turn around your experience and get to the bottom of this. To better understand the situation drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@Danielle01 wrote:
I’ve been begging TPG to fix my NBN issue for 3 months since I’ve moved out of home. I’ve called every single time it’s happened just to keep a record of how often it’s happening.

Every few days, the UPSTREAM light blinks for hours, and the ONLINE light is off. The DOWNSTREAM light is on and off sometimes as well.

First NBN technician Jamie said it was a network fault, after going to the roof of the apartment building. Nothing he could fix, and recorded a Fail during troubleshooting. When it was time to leave, he said “he had to” put it as Pass, despite admitting he got Fail twice and Pass once. He told me when it happens again, to call TPG and say it was a network fault.

Two weeks later, next NBN technician. This one did nothing but plug my NBN box to what I assume was a device that checks connections. Said it was fine, then left. Of course it was fine, the internet drooped out the day before he was here, but went back online a few hours before he came.

Few days later, next NBN technician. Literally did the same thing as the second, except this time he said it was a “network issue, and that it was solved remotely, and WON’T HAPPEN AGAIN” and promptly left.

Few days later, here I am with no internet.

I’m not paying $65 a month for a service that barely works. I’ve been with TPG for years at my family home, so I trusted them to carry through when I moved out.

Please resolve this properly, have a competent NBN technician come in and actually listen to me and look at the issue.

Danielle01
Level 2
Sure, messaged.
Shane

Hi @Danielle01,

Thanks for sending me your details.

I was able to locate the account using the given details and I can confirm that the issue affecting the service is now under assessment of our Engineering Team. We forwarded this to them for additional reference on the ongoing investigation, updates will be provided via SMS or Phone call when it becomes available.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Sure, messaged.