TPG Community

Get online support

VR1600v V2 ethernet ports inactive

vinode
Level 2

Hi all,

I woke up this morning unable to connect to my NAS and unable to do my work. Restarted the NAS and the Archer VR1600v V2 modem twice and no luck. The NAS and TV are connected by ethernet while my computer and all mobile devices are on wireless, which are fine. TV also couldn't connect to internet. Upon logging into the router via browser, noticed that there are 15 wireless devices connected but 0 wired devices showing (see picture). Plugged in my laptop directly via Lan and also no internet. Reset the router to factory and no luck. Not sure what happened exactly in the night that caused this as I've been using this setup for half a year. Appreciate some help.

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @vinode ,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, It is possible that the mode/router is faulty already but I would love to make sure of it with the help of our Technical Team, please drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@vinode wrote:

Hi all,

I woke up this morning unable to connect to my NAS and unable to do my work. Restarted the NAS and the Archer VR1600v V2 modem twice and no luck. The NAS and TV are connected by ethernet while my computer and all mobile devices are on wireless, which are fine. TV also couldn't connect to internet. Upon logging into the router via browser, noticed that there are 15 wireless devices connected but 0 wired devices showing (see picture). Plugged in my laptop directly via Lan and also no internet. Reset the router to factory and no luck. Not sure what happened exactly in the night that caused this as I've been using this setup for half a year. Appreciate some help.

vinode
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your reply. The problem fixed itself at around 4pm yesterday even though I didn't touch it after 1pm. Not sure if the router is on its last legs or something connected to the ethernet is the issue. The next time this happens, I will troubleshoot at the ethernet client side and see if that solves it. Otherwise I'll sent you the info you requested below. Cheers.

Shane

Hey @vinode, I am glad to know that the issue fixed itself, feel free to message any of the community moderators or create a new thread. Cheers!

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your reply. The problem fixed itself at around 4pm yesterday even though I didn't touch it after 1pm. Not sure if the router is on its last legs or something connected to the ethernet is the issue. The next time this happens, I will troubleshoot at the ethernet client side and see if that solves it. Otherwise I'll sent you the info you requested below. Cheers.

trench
Level 2

I have this morning suffered a similarly describe occurence. Woke, had trouble establishing WiFi device connections. Had to reset those WiFi devices and wait a while for each to restablish which has occured before. Shrugged shoulders and carried on. This afternoon (1:00pm) tried the wired ethernet PC in the office. No Internet. Found the ethernet ports with 169.254.72.x B class mask. Not the 192.168.1.x C class I expected. Wifi's still working. Used a WiFi tablet to access the Archer VR1600V2 and it showed nil wired clients. Previous the the VR1600 I had a Huawei that died in strange circumstances and I have this funny feeling it may have suffered a network induced firmware death. Don't know but it demised over a 2 week period and each time the router needed a morning power refresh. In fact late one night(early am) I was working away and the internet went off, the router was in a world of its own then rebooted. I ended in leaving it and rebooting in the morning to get online again. This seemed to be repeated until I sought TPG involvement which was pointed to a line fault. Rubbish. NBN tech came out and proved copper pairs ok for loss between, loss to grnd and consequent noise levels. Back to TPG and I argued it was unlikely to be a line fault. TDR proved local pairs supported nearly 70Mbps. Ended with a VR1600V2 and after some config back online.

I wonder if there is any reliable way to determine the schedule of ISP root user logins into a router and the schedule of firmware updates. I would not be surprised to see a correlation between these type of failures and ISP updates. There are too many funny symptons.