TPG Community

Get online support

can't send email to one address from email client but can from post office

Ascidian99
Level 4

I get unable to deliver message - no data known when sending from email client.  But the same address works went sending from post office or gmail.   Other email addresses work fine, it's just the one that fails.

If I put the address into nslookup it gives a valid ip address which responds to a ping.

error msg in full

----- Transcript of session follows -----
550 5.1.2 <info@aaaaaaa.com.au>... Host unknown (Name server: aaaaaaaa.com.au: no data known)

(aaaaa not the real address of course)

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @Ascidian99

Please send the header and the full error via private message so we can forward it to our PostMaster. 

Thanks! 

Ascidian99
Level 4

Hi Ahra_G,

thanks for your offer but I'm unable to send a private message as I keep getting the response too many private messages responded to, try again later.

The original question has become academic as I'm now able to send a test msg at least.  The test is slightly different from the original in that the address is hand typed and the message is a new one and not a reply to a thread, which may have some bearing.

Please let me know if the postmaster would still be interested or has more urgent problems to deal with, I imagine they might,

thanks

Shane

Hi @Ascidian99,

Please send us the copy of the complete error message via PM, also include the affected e-mail address, we will raise this to our Postmaster for further investigation. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Regards,

Hi Ahra_G,

thanks for your offer but I'm unable to send a private message as I keep getting the response too many private messages responded to, try again later.

The original question has become academic as I'm now able to send a test msg at least.  The test is slightly different from the original in that the address is hand typed and the message is a new one and not a reply to a thread, which may have some bearing.

Please let me know if the postmaster would still be interested or has more urgent problems to deal with, I imagine they might,

thanks

Ascidian99
Level 4

Hi Shane - still getting the error when I try to send a pm, but the original problem has resolved itself.

thanks

mike

"You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later".

Shane

No worries, @Ascidian99. In the event that issue will occur again, feel free to create a new thread.

Cheers!

Hi Shane - still getting the error when I try to send a pm, but the original problem has resolved itself.

thanks

mike

"You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later".