TPG Community

Get online support

nbn crashes 4 to 5 times per day

TheMoser63
Level 2

Recently moved to tpg from Optus; now have situation where my nbn crashes on average 4 to 5 times per day sometimes more and sometimes less. TPG said that they would monitor my connection but when I try to follow it up I'm told that they will need to monitor my connection and I go through the whole ** thing again. That's happended 3 times so far with absolutely no return contact been received from tpg. 

What's my best way to get this properly investigated please folks? 

Cheers 

TheMoser63

2 REPLIES 2
Ken-C

Hi there             

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your CID (customer identication number) or your mobile phone number so can look at this service for you Smiley Happy

Kind regards

Ken-C

HI there TheMoser63,

Sorry to hear you are having dramas with your connection, when i get in and take a look I can't see any drops from the past 20 hours so far..

Connected for: 19h 56m

NBN portal testing shows good diagnostics and no problem with your service from that end. \

I would suggest a few things you can do at home there to rule some things out and isolate things so we can better assess what your issue may be we will monitior together from now on and you will need to keep me updated.

Sometimes when things are stable from our end but your side is dropping out it can be the WIFI or the session. I would suggest we just start from the beginning with your setup of equipment then given this is NBN FTTN that you monitior and record the activity of the lights on the modem for reference and focus on the WIFI connection and your setup so we can try and rule this out and move foreward..

Ill provide you a few links below to peruse when you have time  

Read our TPG Community article on how to set up your NBN FTTN service. The video is followed by a step by step guide. Visit https://link.tpg.com.au/FTTN/B "

For helpful tips on how to improve your internet speed, follow our guide at www.tpg.com.au/slowspeed

To improve your WiFi connection, follow the steps in our TPG Community article at www.tpg.com.au/wifihelp

Please let me know how you go Smiley Happy

Kind regards 

Ken