TPG Community

Get online support

Unexpected NBN disconnection and very poor customer service

SOLVED Go to solution
vhab
Level 3

Hi,

I am sorry but I am sick of calling TPG almost everyday without a real answer or update.

I booked a "moving home" on Wednesday July 1st, 2020. I was charged and received an email confirming NBN will be installed at the new house by Friday July 3rd. A technician rang me on Sunday 5th July asking to come down to the new house so that he can run cable. I told him we were still living at the old house for a while and did not want internet activated at the new house. He told me NOT to plug in the TPG provided router to the new NBN installation at the new house then we could continue to use our NBN at the old house.

When we returned to the old house, NBN was disconnected!!!!

I called TPG immediately and was promised .... the next Monday July 6th, I called TPG and was promised ..., I called almost everyday until this morning, Saturday July 11th when I had to yell (I am sorry for this bad behaviour!) after being transferred around 4 or more times (lost counts) with promises and not clear answers.

My questions:

1. Why was I given a WRONG advice and why was my request IGNORED given we are locked down and have to work from home? (was promised TPG service staff would call me for update but NO body from TPG called me!!!)

2. Given no hadware installation required (switched back), why has TPG NOT switched NBN back to my old house ... after a week?

3. Only this morning, I was told that there are "activities" to start switching NBN back to my old house, WHAT activies are they??? WHY this happens after a WEEK???? WHY it did not start last Monday?????

A very frusted customer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @vhab ,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sad to learn about your service relocation experience. I would like to take this opportunity to turn around your experience and get to the bottom of this. To better understand the situation, send me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

I'll wait for your response, cheers! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @vhab ,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sad to learn about your service relocation experience. I would like to take this opportunity to turn around your experience and get to the bottom of this. To better understand the situation, send me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

I'll wait for your response, cheers! 

vhab
Level 3

Update:

Our NBN service at the old address was reconnected at around 5PM on Saturday, July 11th.

Thanks Shane for following up with my case.

With kind regards,

Vhab