TPG Community

Get online support

FTTB internet line getting disconnected few times a day

jhoward75
Level 2

Hi there,

I just joined TPG and worked from home 3 days a week. Since I joined TPG, I noticed that I see the "internect disconnected" on my laptop few times a day and quite very random. I found this very poor considering, as I live in the Sydney CBD and also causing me some stress due to my work. 

I also noticed that the signal bar on my iPhone is now only 2 out of 4 bars. This has never happened before when I was with the other carrier. Please help

4 REPLIES 4
Rica_R

Hi,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Are all of your devices connecting wirelessly? If yes, have you tried connecting your devices using a wired or LAN connection?

Moreover, we'd like to check your connection for you. Can you send us a PM with your username or account number to have a look at your connectivity?

How do I private message (PM) in the community?

rosie5
Level 2

@jhoward75 wrote: gmglobalconnect

Hi there,

I just joined TPG and worked from home 3 days a week. Since I joined TPG, I noticed that I see the "internect disconnected" on my laptop few times a day and quite very random. I found this very poor considering, as I live in the Sydney CBD and also causing me some stress due to my work. 

I also noticed that the signal bar on my iPhone is now only 2 out of 4 bars. This has never happened before when I was with the other carrier. Please help

I faced similar kind of issue last time, I am still searching for some proper solution.

Shane

Hi @rosie5,

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If you need further assistance, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

I faced similar kind of issue last time, I am still searching for some proper solution.

0Thielen8
Level 3

@jhoward75 wrote:

Hi there,

Kantime Healthcare Software

If you are experiencing frequent disconnections with your TPG internet connection, there are a few things you can try to improve the reliability of your connection:

1. Restart your modem and router: This can often resolve connectivity issues and help establish a stable connection.

2. Check your signal strength: If your signal strength is weak, you may experience frequent disconnections. Try moving your modem or router to a different location, preferably closer to your devices.

3. Check for interference: Other electronic devices or appliances in your home can interfere with your internet signal. Try moving your modem and router away from other devices or appliances.

4. Contact TPG support: If the issue persists, contact TPG support for assistance. They may be able to diagnose the issue and provide a solution, or schedule a technician to come out and investigate the issue.

It's also worth noting that signal strength can vary depending on factors such as distance from the cell tower, building materials, and interference from other devices.