TPG Community

Get online support

Is a constany Wifi download speed of .5mbps Acceptable

mcrimp53
Level 2

Is a wifi download speed of .5Mbps Acceptable

I was sold new TPG wifi account and told to cancel my TPG broadband internet account.

The broadband speed until I agreed was download under 2Mbps and when I changed over it went to 20mbps for two days then reverted back to 0.5Mbps and is unuseable. 

I was suspicious that it was deliberately slowed to get me to change but now I am not sure Is the whole newwork useless because I will need to go to Telstra if they cannot fix within in 24 hours.

2 REPLIES 2
Ahra_G

Hi @mcrimp53

There would not be any reason for us to deliberately cause a customer's connection to fail. While we are concerned that you are experiencing problems with the service, we can assure you that they are not the result of some deliberate act.

We'd be happy to assist and get your speeds back up. Please send in your TPG username or Customer ID via private message so we can run remote tests and resolve the connection issue.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Edwardwhite
Level 2

A download speed of 0.5Mbps is very slow and may not be acceptable for many internet activities, especially those that require a high-speed internet connection, such as streaming video or gaming. It may be suitable for basic web browsing and checking emails, but it may still be frustratingly slow for other online activities.

It is also not uncommon for internet service providers to advertise faster speeds than what they can consistently provide, especially during peak usage hours. It's possible that your new TPG wifi account may be experiencing network congestion or technical issues, leading to the slower speeds.

Before canceling your service or switching to Telstra, it's recommended to contact TPG customer service and troubleshoot the issue. They may be able to identify and resolve any technical issues, improve network performance, or offer alternative solutions. If the issue persists, you may consider switching to a different provider or exploring other internet options in your area.  ManageMyHealth