TPG Community

Get online support

Re: no email access either through TPG POST OFFICE or through usual (20years) Outlook account

adsluct9
Level 2

Maybe SOMEONE out there somewhere will be able to 'fix' my problem. Eighteen (18) days ago on 8th January,2019 at 8.19pm my neighbour disconnected/cancelled her account from TPG....AND somehow my email was disconnected/detached/deactivated at the same time. Our neighbour lives at the back of us on a property #38 N***** Streeet (which is also known as 36A or 36B) battleaxe block.

Apparently SOMEONE at TPG saw fit to deactivate/detach/disconnect the email for our service at 36 N***** Street. Now this obviously isn't my fault but after almost twenty years with TPG I am without a useable email service on the ***********@tpg.com.au email I have used since 1998. During that time we have moved house three times without any problems but now because of our neighbour having a bad experience and cancelling with TPG we are without email access.

My neighbour and I had modems knocked out by lightning on 14th December 2018 and while it only took until 21st December for my modem to be replaced and up and working correctly-thank goodness; it wasn't until 8th January,2019 that my neighbour's modem arrived by which time (as a medical practitioner) she was ropeable and cancelled with TPG.....thus the drama for me arose because SOMEONE inadvertently detached/deactivated/disconnected my email along with her account from TPG. My NBN internet and phone service still work but I rely on my email address for communications with banks, utilities and family overseas and around Australia. I was in the middle of providing essential medical documents and legal documents to my daughter (with a three month baby) in Hawaii when the email service was taken from me.

My understanding is that if an email address is detached it cannot be re-attached/reused!! Despite 18.5 hours on the phone to TPG Technical Support (who now apparently don't work on the weekend!! despite notices saying differently on the website) and communicating/contact messaging and emailing via other email addresses, over 18 days with POSTMASTER@TPG.COM.AU and Technical Support I am still without an email address via @tpg.com.au or POST OFFICE. Really ridiculous and frustrating. Now my Bank is shutting down some linked cards, billers etc because I cannot access those 'accounts' via a verifiable email address (with password). Talk about going round and round in circles with one foot tied to the floor. All the while I have been charged in advance $79.99 ($10.00 for the delivery of the replacement modem on 21st December and the usual $69.99 for the NBN, home phone (Oz Talk) and email service  it does seem incongruous that I am being billed for an incomplete service with noone able to fix the problem.

PLEASE is there SOMEONE who can resolve this problem IMMEDIATELY. My next step is to complete a complaint to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman and having taken legal advice to pursue that avenue too.

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @adsluct9,

Welcome to the community!

We're able to locate your account using your community details and seen that you have been in contact with one of our Technical Team.

Just to let you know, if your neighbor cancelled their TPG service it should not affect your TPG account/email address as it is a separate account. I can confirm that your email address is not detached or deactivated but having an issue with receiving incoming emails.

This has been raised to our Postmaster, and we'll chase this up with them and provide urgent feedback tomorrow. We will also raise this as a complaint which will be handled by one of our Complaints Resolution Case Manage.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,

adsluct9
Level 2
Twentieth day without email access for receiving emails. Frustrated and annoyed. This should have been prioritised and rectified weeks ago.
Shane

Hi @adsluct9,

We chased this up with our Postmaster and they advised us to try sending email to yourself and see if you can receive an incoming email. Let us know how it will go.

Regards,

adsluct9
Level 2

Hello Shane, have sent numerous emails to myself and intermittently one or two might get through to POST OFFICE or Outlook email xxxxxxxs@tpg.com.au. NO regular emails from 'outside' e.g. family or banks etc. are showing up on POST OFFICE or Outlook email xxxxxxxs@tpg.com.au. This is day 25 without email access to xxxxxxxs@tpg.com.au and I am frustrated and angry.

To add insult to injury a second violent st6orm has now cooked/fried the new modem sent to me and received on 21st December; so I am having to borrow my youngest son's modem while waiting for the whole shamozzle to be sorted out. All the while I have paid $79.99 (including $10 delivery fee for the new/replacement modem received 21st Dec) and have only intermittent internet nbn service, not voip phone and NO email access to xxxxxxx@tpg.com.au. What am I paying for?

What exactly am I supposed to do as this drags on close to a month? Who has 'stolen' my email xxxxxxxs@tpg.com.au and how the hell can I get it restored????

Regards,

Shane

Hi @adsluct9

Thanks for the additional details. I will pass this to our Postmaster for additional reference as this case is still under investigation.

Please be advised that your email address was not been stolen. The email address that you are using that is currently having an issue is just an ALIAS or An ALTERNATE name to your TPG Username.

An alias is an email address that serves as a nickname identity for your master or slave email account. All the emails sent to your alias email address will be redirected to the same mailbox as the master or slave account.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @adsluct9,

Let us know if you will be able to test your email or if you can now receive an email from others.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @adsluct9

Based on the latest logs on your account, postmaster confirmed that you are now able to receive emails and one of our Complaints Resolution Case Manager has been in touch with you and discussed that the modem/router replacement has been requested.

We'll keep an eye on this, further updates will be provided by the assigned Complaints Resolution Case Manager via SMS or Email.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!