TPG Community

Get online support

Ticket 59470607. Why have I had no reply from TPG.

culbert31
Level 2

I have had no contact from TPG regarding the above ticket. I have not had internet for almost 2 weeks now.  Would someone please reply.

6 REPLIES 6
David_M

Hi @culbert31 

Thanks for your enquiry!

Let me check that for you. Can you please provide some more information as to what seems to be your issue?

I can see in our systems your NBN-FTTP service is up and working for 4hrs.

If you are having wifi issues, you should try connected a device to direct to the modem LAN ports with a cable to test your mdoem is working first.

Also, in regards to the ticket number you provided, that ticket was closed because it noted the issue was resolved at the time over the phone, and the customer would monitor it and call back if they issue returned.

Regards,

David_M

culbert31
Level 2

Hi David,

Today for the first time the internet has not dropped out when using my computer albeit at snail's speed.  Prior to that I got by using my iPad or iPhone still at a very slow speed but at least the wifi didn't drop out.  The speed test showed 50 Ping, 0.0 Download, 0.5 Upload when I tested it tonight with the ethernet cable.  When I don't use the ethernet cable I get the message "couldn't connect to the server".  

The lady who configured my modem was the person who gave me the above Ticket Number.  I asked her "what about the previous problem of the internet dropping out after a few minutes use?".  She said "it should be ok now, we will keep monitoring your internet".  I asked what should I do if I have the same problem, she said to email the Help Desk and quote the ticket number.  I did this and the system generated email said to email techops.  This I did several times without a reply.  Where to go, you can't contact TPG on the phone because you are told to go to TPG Community.  You can't do an online chat because you get the message to try again later because they are too busy.  You send emails but get no response.  What sort of business is this?  The Help Desk email says they work 7 days a week, even Public Holidays.  It is no wonder when I read the comments on TPG Community that people are disgruntled and want to cancel their account with TPG.  I hope you can help David or I will be joining the disgruntled customers.  

David_M

Hi @culbert31 

I have raised a fault ticket with our engineering team. Someone should contact you within 24-48hrs.

The NBN portal tests look ok. 

You may need to discuss modem options with us or have a tech come out and check things.

I have PM'ed you your reference number.

Regards,

David_M

culbert31
Level 2

Thank you David.  I did a speed test this morning using the ethernet cable and these were the readings:

8.3 download

0.6 upload

2 Ping

You are very limited as to what sites you can open apart from emails coming in.  I note that when I try sending an email with an attachment it remains in the Draft box.

Pauline

culbert31
Level 2

Hi David,

The 48 hours since you last emailed me is almost up.  I have not heard from TPG.  I cannot go on using the internet at such slow speed.  Please advise.

culbert31
Level 2

Still no phone call from TPG.  The 48 hours are up.