TPG Community

Get online support

Voip not working with replacement modem tplink archer ac1600

damien1984
Level 2

I have had ny NBN FTTN modem replaced with a new TP link. My VOIP home phone is no longer working. Internet is working fine. The phone light on the modem is not active. I get a dial tone on the phone handset. If I dial the number on my mobile is get a message saying "the number you have dialed is currently not available".  Voip was working on the old modem. Any assistance would be appreciated

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @damien1984,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We reviewed the account and weren't able to see the order for a replacement modem.

Did TPG replaced the device or you purchased a third party TP-Link modem?

BasilDV

damien1984
Level 2

It is a replacement modem ordered from tpg that was delivered in about August/september 2019. Only recently installed after last the one stopped working.

BasilDV

Thank you for the information, @damien1984.

Could you please send me a PM with the S/N of the replacement modem that you have? The VoIP service is not working since it hasn't been registered on the system as of yet.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @damien1984

We successfully registered the new modem/router, however, the system still shows 'Unregistered'.

We need to escalate the case to our Engineering team for further investigation.

Please send me a PM with your preferred contact number and you'll receive an update via SMS or phone call within 24 to 48 hours.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @damien1984

Thank you for confirming that the VoIP is already working after a giving it a few hours to be registered.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

drjimmy
Level 2

HI Sir,

I am with TPG for business VOIP bizphone. We were not supplied with TPG modem. and most post here say that third party modem will not work with TPG as TPG modem have embedded configuration. Is this true? Why TPG account manager refuses to sell a TPG modem to me when I have a 24 hours contract with TPG. Could you please help?