TPG Community

Get online support

Connection Problem HG659

SOLVED Go to solution
Nickrollings
Level 2

I am using an existing HG659 modem that until recently had a plan attached.

I have my own acvount and I am trying to connect.

I have reset modem and rebooted it.

I get a cable connection error when running the wizard.

Are you able to check my connection

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nickrollings
Level 2

I talked with a tech and got the solution.

there is no solution, the HG659 modem which TPG supplied for a internet and phone plan does not work on TPG Internet Data only plan. Its a know problem yet they still sold me the data only pla.

I'm trying to get a refund now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @Nickrollings 

We'd like to have a better understanding of the situation and see what we can do to make it work.

Kindly send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

Nickrollings
Level 2

I talked with a tech and got the solution.

there is no solution, the HG659 modem which TPG supplied for a internet and phone plan does not work on TPG Internet Data only plan. Its a know problem yet they still sold me the data only pla.

I'm trying to get a refund now.

drbob
Level 6

I used to have the HG659 modem with an NBN internet plan that also came with VOIP telephone services to replace the landline telephone. It worked very well. I wonder if you are trying to use the HG659 with a wireless service as opposed to an NBN service? The HG659 does not support wireless access via a mobile phone service.

TobyT
Level 2

Hi there,

We've returned from holidays and our HG659 modem is not working (there was a sever electrical storm that took it out apparently).

Been waiting for over an hour on phone for 24/7 suport help line 1300 997 271, no one is answering. Is tgis the correct support line for TPG NBN FTTN support ?

Have done following troubleshoot

1. Turn power on / off

2. disconnected / reconnected all outlet cables 

3. attempted to login in to 192.168.1.1 (web address not coming up) so unable to login via admin etc...

4. Only 2 Lights coming up on modem (Power is Green, VOIP is Red), no other Green Lights

5. Tried to access via Wifi and Ethernet cable, unable to connect

I do not want to perform hard reset to factory / default without guidance. Its an old modem, perhaps its time for a new one to be ordered/delivered?

Please provide some guidance best solution, timeframe for new modem delivery ?

Thanks

Toby