TPG Community

Get online support

Regular Disconnects

skozzy
Level 4

Started about 2 days ago, my internet appears to regularly disconnect and reconnect, some times it seems like every 10 minutes and other time much longer. I have powered off then on both the NBN HFC modem and the TPG Router and that doesnt help.

Apps, Games, Music streaming, Youtube, and online TV all disconnect together then moments later reconnect. Also connections to US seem to buffer a lot, frustrating in game where you need the best connection

Can someone at TPG please ask a tech person to check on my connection. Then send me a text message with some results?

13 REPLIES 13
BasilDV

Hi @skozzy 

We'd like to have a better understanding of the situation and test the network.

Please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

skozzy
Level 4

DM Was sent, internet is not the best

Lot of data loss from my home to TPG Gateway server
Home to TPG Gateway.png

And when I run the same test ot the TGP website its as bad

Home to TPG Webpage.png

15-20% data loss appears to be greatly effecting the quality of what i do online.

Shane

Hi @skozzy 

Appreciate the additional details. Please check your inbox, we did not receive your response with your details. You may re-send the message directly to me as Basil is not available today. 

How to send a PM?

Regards,

DM Was sent, internet is not the best

Lot of data loss from my home to TPG Gateway server
Home to TPG Gateway.png

And when I run the same test ot the TGP website its as bad

Home to TPG Webpage.png

15-20% data loss appears to be greatly effecting the quality of what i do online.

skozzy
Level 4

I have also sent you my details in a DM and it does show that the DM to Basil also worked.

DMs to TPG.png

skozzy
Level 4

Any updates if someone is looking at my poor internet connection ?. I am trying to do my Admin work and constantly fighting ping issues, time outs and lag.

skozzy
Level 4

I would guess someone started some tests ??, my connection went down again and so far touch wood when it come back up its been fine. Too early to tell, been under 30 mins. So far no more errors.

google seems fine.png

BasilDV

Hi @skozzy 

How's your service? Are you still getting high ping/latency?

BasilDV

skozzy
Level 4

Yes unfortunately, it started again the next day, here is two more tests.

This is one of the Game Server I admin for with packet loss via TPG over 30%

Game Server USA.png

This test is to the TPG webpage.

TPG10-10.png

I will power everything off again, unplug and replug the cables. Cause currently the internet feel unusable. I am also trying to stream a local radio station and the stream keeps stopped, for something with such low data rates that not good.

BasilDV

Hi @skozzy 

We might need the help of our Tech team to check on this further.

Please send us a private message with your details along with your preferred time to receive a call.

BasilDV