TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2 technician lied about knocking on my door. I have waited 20 business days. Unacceptable.

sbethoon
Level 2

I have waited 20 business days (one whole month) for ADSL2 to be installed at my house. Today was the day it was meant to be activated between 8am-1pm and I was told to expect a knock on the door or an SMS. 

At 7:50am I received a call from a number I did not recognise. I decided to call the number back 3 minutes after making a coffee, to hear a rude young man on the other side tell me he had been knocking on my door for 15 minutes. LIES.

I was in the front room the whole morning and we are on a busy street with a lot of foot traffic (so we hear EVERYTHING). I asked politely if he could come back (it had been less than 5 mins since he called us) and he said he already put the case as incomplete. I asked him why he did not ring the doorbell - he said he didn't see it (it is in the middle of the door). I told him there are 2 of us working from home at the moment and then he HUNG UP on me.

This is disgusting. I have tried to call and contact customer service many many times - I keep getting redirected and have waited over an hour for nothing to be solved.

I should have gone with Dodo. This is completely unacceptable.

IF YOU ARE READING THIS: DO NOT SIGN UP TO TPG.

5 REPLIES 5
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

You can private message to me your customer ID, username, service address and mobile number so i can check  here.

regards

JayeshP9

sbethoon
Level 2

I have messaged you.

If this is not solved today, I will be contacting TIO and ACCC. 

JayeshP9

Hi sbethoon,

Sorry to hear that Technician left without knocking door.

I have checked here but i have received any feedback from Telstra Technician yet so we are still waiting for it.

For ADSL service most of all ISP are depend on Telstra so doen't matter which ISP you go for but still Telstra Technician need to come your place for initial connectivity, Telstra Technician left  its not TPG fault.  We can try our best to follow up with Telstra for it but we still need to need hear from other end as well.

Regards

JayeshP9.

sbethoon
Level 2

Please give me an update. Nobody has contact me.

JayeshP9

Hi sbethoon,

I have created  a ticket for  Telstra, for your reference ticket # 59739400

Regards

JayeshP9