Activation of the Modem

pabloaguzman88
Level 2

Hello TPG Team,

I acquired an ADSL2 service with you. The activation process was scheduled to be done for (23/03/2020). For the activation process, it is supposed that I would receive an email, but instead, you sent me a text message saying that you will contact me the next day for an update and didn't happen. I have tried all other contact alternatives but nothing works.

I attached the image of the modem.

Can you please give me a solution or should I cancel the service and look for another company?

Cheers,

Pablo

Customer ID 6795641

6 REPLIES 6
David_M

Hi @pabloaguzman88 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @pabloaguzman88 

Your ADSL2+ service looks installed and active on our systems.

Do you have a telephone? If so, you will need to check there is DIALTONE at a phone socket and use your phone/modem from that socket.

Here is a guide to help you setup your ADSL.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/ADSL2-Setup-Guide/td-p/20237

If there is no dialtone at any sockets, please let me know.

regards,

David_M

pabloaguzman88
Level 2

Dear David,

I have followed the guide for the installation of the modem, however, in this guide is specified if the service is active the light of the third icon will glow. I attached you some image of the connections and the modem. I have tried both wall sockets.

Unfortunately, we don't have a phone.

Regards,

Pablo

connection.jpeg

Modem.jpegGuide.jpeg

David_M

Hi @pabloaguzman88 

Can you please plug the modem directly into the socket. If you do not use a phone, you do not need the filter.

Direct to skt is fine. Let me know how it goes.

thanks,

pabloaguzman88
Level 2

Dear David,

I already tried it, plug it directly, in one socket in the other one, and still, nothing works.

Regards,

Pablo

David_M

Hi @pabloaguzman88 

I have created a fault ticket. One of our engineers will contact you within 24-48hrs.

I have PMed you your fault reference.

Regards,

David_M