TPG Community

Get online support

Complaint about new service - modem not working

jholgersson
Level 2

I ordered new wifi with a new modem. It arrived yesterday and I set it up following the online guide. However the network is not showing up on my computer or mobile. All of the indicators on the modem are saying that the wifi is on, the internet is on, I have 4G+ and two bars of signal. I was on hold yesterday for 30 minutes initially, and eventually 1 hour and 8 minutes talking to someone. The situation was not resolved.The only option I was given was to send the modem back which is a big faff around. Any suggestions? I've tried off and on, the reset button, etc, all the obvious things. 

2 REPLIES 2
Ahra_G

Hi @jholgersson,

Is it only the Wi-Fi that you're unable to connect? Is it possible to connect your computer to the modem via ethernet so we can test if you have internet access? 

Please send us a private message and we'd be glad to assist. 

-Ahra_G

jholgersson
Level 2

I have been paying for a tpg service since 5 January and still don't have internet. I now have two modems that don't work and no one will get in contact with me. I've made a complaint with the ombudsman. I am appalled by this service. The full story is below.

I ordered new wifi with a new modem. It arrived and I set it up following the online guide. However the network is not showing up on my computer or mobile. All of the indicators are saying that the wifi is on, the internet is on, I have 4G+ and two bars of signal. I was on hold yesterday for 30 minutes initially, and eventually 1 hour and 8 minutes talking to someone. The situation was not resolved. I was eventually told I would need to send back the modem and they would send a new one. I would have to go to the post office, print a label and send it all back. And told that I then wait until it's back before you will send a new one. I have not received any further details about how to do this - no email, no label to print.

I then received a new modem two days later. I set it up, and again, all indicators said it was on. This time I can see the network, but there is no internet when I connect to it. I have contacted TPG on Jan 11, 15 and 17. No one has been able to resolve this issue for me. I am paying for a service and have no internet.