TPG Community

Get online support

New ADSL2+ connection , DLINK 28885A modem : no DSL Light , no internet

arumoymukherjee
Level 2

Hi Team,

I am without internet although TPG has confirmed on 01 Oct that the services has been installed fully and available for use. I have connected my modem to the telephone port , but the DSL light is flashing and switching off. The installation for internet connection is also not working as it is asking to connect to the ADSL2 port.

I have a DLINK DSL-2885A Modem

8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hi @arumoymukherjee,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your community details. I ran initial tests on your connection and shows your service is now connected for 2h 26m.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Harryfulgencio
Level 2
Hello can you please check my internet connection? Basically I changed modem 2 days ago and I just connected a new one now and the internet light in the modem is not working. Can you please help me? Thank you
Shane

Hi @Harryfulgencio,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your community details and ran initial test. Test result shows your modem/router is not properly configured causing no connection.

We do not have a reference for DLINK 28885A modem, but we did an article that will guide you on how to setup a modem/router available here.

Setting up ADSL2+ and modem configuration

Let me know how it will go. Cheers!

Harryfulgencio
Level 2
Hello,

The rj11 is already connected in the wall socket and have successfully set up the router - via 192.168.1.1
DNS primary and secondary set.

What do you think is wrong? Is it the rj11 from wall socket to the Modem?
Harryfulgencio
Level 2
Following up on my question...now it’s turn red
Harryfulgencio
Level 2
Ok, I finally figured it out Smiley Happy so it turned red once I setup the configurations and just turned red because I put in the wrong tpg username Smiley Happy
NOw it’s all running very well!

Amazing Smiley Happy thank you for the assistance.
Harryfulgencio
Level 2
Here is a picture of the fully functioning modem
Riezl

Glad to know that you were able to successfully configure the  modem, @Harryfulgencio.

Feel free to message us should you require any assistance. Cheers!