TPG Community

Get online support

New ADSL2+ connection , DLINK 28885A modem : no DSL Light , no internet

Highlighted
Level 1

Hi Team,

I am without internet although TPG has confirmed on 01 Oct that the services has been installed fully and available for use. I have connected my modem to the telephone port , but the DSL light is flashing and switching off. The installation for internet connection is also not working as it is asking to connect to the ADSL2 port.

I have a DLINK DSL-2885A Modem

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Hi @arumoymukherjee,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your community details. I ran initial tests on your connection and shows your service is now connected for 2h 26m.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Highlighted
Level 1c
Hello can you please check my internet connection? Basically I changed modem 2 days ago and I just connected a new one now and the internet light in the modem is not working. Can you please help me? Thank you
Highlighted

Hi @Harryfulgencio,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your community details and ran initial test. Test result shows your modem/router is not properly configured causing no connection.

We do not have a reference for DLINK 28885A modem, but we did an article that will guide you on how to setup a modem/router available here.

Setting up ADSL2+ and modem configuration

Let me know how it will go. Cheers!

Highlighted
Level 1c
Hello,

The rj11 is already connected in the wall socket and have successfully set up the router - via 192.168.1.1
DNS primary and secondary set.

What do you think is wrong? Is it the rj11 from wall socket to the Modem?
Highlighted
Level 1c
Following up on my question...now it’s turn red
Highlighted
Level 1c
Ok, I finally figured it out Smiley Happy so it turned red once I setup the configurations and just turned red because I put in the wrong tpg username Smiley Happy
NOw it’s all running very well!

Amazing Smiley Happy thank you for the assistance.
Highlighted
Level 1c
Here is a picture of the fully functioning modem
Highlighted

Glad to know that you were able to successfully configure the  modem, @Harryfulgencio.

Feel free to message us should you require any assistance. Cheers!