TPG Community

Get online support

No updates, no follow up, continued hand-balling

ibertoli09
Level 2

I have been advised since Tuesday last week (23/03) that my "installation is progressing" but have received no further updates and have certainly not been kept "posted on the process".

I called on Mon (30/03) after I tried to message via the online method which would not accept my messages as it was already overloaded. After finally getting through I was told I would likely be contacted that afternoon or the following day for installation. That did not occur. If that didn't occur, I was advised to call back and follow up.

I did as advised. Today (01/04) I was again on hold for 30-40mins. Spoke to Toni initially and was advised that she needed to refer me through to the provisioning team. Was passed through to a provisioning team case manager.

On hold for a further 40-50mins. Finally got through to John who advised he was only for NBN provisioning, not ADSL. I explained that I was passed through to him for the sole purpose of following up on an ADSL installation query. John advised that he was communicating ADSL provisioning online and advised someone would call between 3pm-4pm today to follow up on my installation progress.

A few moments later John kept speaking and asking if I was there, indicating he could not hear me. I could hear him clearly and repeated this. He went silent, the call continued for a period of time, I kept repeating that I was there and would wait. Eventually, the call was ended.

The entire call duration lasted for 1hr and 55mins in total.

No one has contacted me this afternoon, as advised. 

I waited an extremely long time on hold today after already calling and being placed on hold on Monday. 

I am now looking into other internet providers to access as I need to be connected as soon as possible to fulfil my role working from home. TPG, please contact me ASAP.

4 REPLIES 4
ibertoli09
Level 2

Just called again to try and follow up myself. Spoke to Lej, who advised he would follow this up with ADSL provisioning team but would need to place me on hold again. Call has cut out again. Back to square one - again. Pretty ridiculous I can't even progress past the point of a straightforward installation query. 

ibertoli09
Level 2

Called back. Spoke to Eunice who has now escalated my installation follow up and requested an urgent call back by the ADSL provisioning team. The wait continues.

ibertoli09
Level 2

Was supposed to be connected on 7th of April (a week ago today):

"Your installation is currently in progress.

A technician has been scheduled to complete the installation on Tuesday, 7 April.
You don’t need to be home for the appointment."

I was texted that evening at 6:38pm that evening:
"We have contacted Telstra for an update on your TPG installation. We will call you on the next business day with more information."

No calls, no updates. 
misai
Level 2

@ibertoli09 wrote:

Was supposed to be connected on 7th of April (a week ago today):

"Your installation is currently in progress.

A technician has been scheduled to complete the installation on Tuesday, 7 April.
You don’t need to be home for the appointment."

I was texted that evening at 6:38pm that evening:
"We have contacted Telstra for an update on your TPG installation. We will call you on the next business day with more information."

No calls, no updates. 

Hi @ibertoli09.  just wondering if your issue was resolve or not? We just moved to a new apt and facing the same problem. we've been waiting for the last two weeks asking for updates and they're giving us the same vague answers. I am extremely frustrated with the situation because I specifically called TPG about this matter before signing up, their sales team assured me that I would get connected within reasonable time and so far we been waiting...

FYI we signed up on the 28/4/2020.