TPG Community

Get online support

Service activated but cannot connect

davyboy1967
Level 2

Hi, I am trying to connect to ADSL for the first time after activation. I have a Netcomm NB604N modem, it is plugged into the wall socket but the DSL light keeps flashing.  The internet won't connect on my PC. Any suggestions please?

Thanks, David

6 REPLIES 6
KarlB

Hi @davyboy1967 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi @davyboy1967 

Thanks for your PM. From what I can see you are right Telstra went out today, but they were unable to trace the line from the Telstra pit to your home. Our Engineers are still waiting for an update from Telstra, but it looks like another Telstra appointment maybe needed. We will let you know once we hear back from Telstra.

Regards,

Karl

davyboy1967
Level 2
Hi KarlB
Once the internet is working, I have a Netcomm modem to use. But I also have this TPG product that I purchased for my previous property which had NBN. Is this a modem as well? The box says Gigabit Router. Which equipment should I use? Thanks
KarlB

Hi @davyboy1967 

What is the model number of your Netcomm modem?

Regards,

Karl

davyboy1967
Level 2
Hi KarlB

It is NB604N.
KarlB

Hi @davyboy1967

The Netcomm NB604N is a pretty old modem. You could probably use the TP-Link Archer vr1600v for ADSL, but TPG would recommend you use it with an NBN service. You will need to mess around with the settings to get it working, but I have seen them work on ADSL connections before.

Regards,

Karl