TPG Community

Get online support

Technician did not show up for installation

Maera
Level 2

On 21 December 2018, we were notified that a technician would be at our premises on Wednesday 9 January 22019 between 1.00 pm and 5.00 pm to make the necessary connection for installation of the NBN. Like many others on this community forum, we received numerous reminders from TPG about the appointment and we did everything that was required of us to comply with TPG's instructions.

Half-way through the time window on Wednesday 8/1/19, I spent some quality time listening to TPG recorded messages, before being told that it was up to NBN Co. as to when the technician would arrive and that they had no contact number for him/her.

After 5.00 pm, I spent more quality time listening to TPG recorded messages. I was again told that it was an NBN Co. problem and TPG would receive notification of our re-scheduled appointment the next day. The call person said if I rang NBN Co. they would refer me to my service provider:TPG. I received no explanation for the missed appointment and no apology.

On Thursday 10 January, we were told that the appointment was rescheduled for 27 February 2019--seven weeks away. Again no explanation for the failure to show, no apology, and no priority for a missed appointment.

I rang NBN Co. (yes, more quality time listening to recorded messages) and was eventually told that TPG had the details of the reason that the technician failed to show up.

I have concerns about the quauity of service here;

Every time I spoke to TPG prior to signing up, I was subject to very assertive marketting from the call centre people. TPG sent numerous reminders about the appointment, but nobody admits to knowing what happened to the technician yesterday. We appear to go to the end of the queue now for installation.

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @Maera,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We apologise for the inconvenience and understand your frustrations regarding the delay in your NBN installation.

Soon all of Australia will be connected to the NBN and while in many cases there is a smooth transition we apologise that this was not your experience.

We were advised by NBN Co that the installation is rescheduled due to technician capacity issues. We will arrange a call from our Service delivery team and have them discuss the update from NBN Co further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Maera,

I understand that you were able to contact our Service delivery team yesterday and was given a new appointment for the installation of your NBN service.

The earliest schedule will be on the 16th of January 2019, between 1PM - 5PM.

Further updates will be given by your case manager once available.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Maera
Level 2

I am grateful for the ree-scheduled appointment next week. Thank you to those responsible.

I confess to being puzzled though. Why is is necessary to make a very public complaint on the community forum before TPG takes some action? I spoke to the call centre at TPG before posting here, and received no action or suggestion of a rescheduled appointment. 

Shane

Hi @Maera,

The initial date provided is the earliest date available provided to us by our wholesale partner NBN but our Provisioning Team work around the clock to have your installation rescheduled.

We'll keep an eye on your installation schedule further updates will be provided by one of our Provisioning Case Manager.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Maera
Level 2

The technician arrived on the appointed date within the appointed time window.

After he made the necessary installations, the cut-over to the NBN was quick and efficient. Internet and telephone are both working as expected. Thanks.

Shane

Hi @Maera,

We are glad to know that your NBN installation has been installed. In case you will have queries in the future do not hesitate to create a thread here in our community.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!