TPG Community

Get online support

does it cost me setup fee if I register again a cancelled service ?

SOLVED Go to solution
tungdo
Level 2

Hi,

I'm in a rent house and my previous tenant cancelled the ADSL+ contract, the modem and phone line are still there and the internet still working to end of month, do I need $99.95 to reconnect to the internet again ?

Tung Do

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @tungdo,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for showing your interest to sign up with us. Would it be possible for you to confirm if the current existing service is with TPG?

Also, we'd like to get your complete service address so we can check what available service in your area. Feel free to PM me the information.

In case you need a reference:

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @tungdo,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for showing your interest to sign up with us. Would it be possible for you to confirm if the current existing service is with TPG?

Also, we'd like to get your complete service address so we can check what available service in your area. Feel free to PM me the information.

In case you need a reference:

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @tungdo

Thanks for sending me your details. If you can contact the Account Holder, you have the option to request a Change of ownership to avoid another installation and interruption of the service.

All information about the Changing of ownership is available on the link below it also include the form that needs to be filled up.

Change of Ownership form.

Else, Standard ADSL2+ application will apply. You have the option to sign up with 18months contract + $79.95 Set Up Fee or with 'No' Lock-in Contract + $99.95 Set Up Fee. For more details you can visit this link http://tpg.com.au/adsl

After you have submitted your application, ADSL2+ will be activated in approximately 10 working days but can take up to 20 working days in some cases. Your billing cycle for ADSL2+ Home Bundle will begin as soon as ADSL2+ has been installed.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

tungdo
Level 2

hi Shane,

I affraid that the previous owner has left Australia. Can I fill the form without them ?

Tung Do

Shane

Hi @tungdo,

Unfortunately Change of Ownership form requires a signature of both the Account Holder and the Person that will take over the account.

Regards,

tungdo
Level 2

Can I pay monthly fee without Change of Ownership ? Can you help me check the contract status ?

BasilDV

Hi @tungdo,

The account holder already processed the cancellation of the account. To lift the cancellation, the account holder will be the one to request it.

If you can still contact the account holder to Email our accounts team to lift the cancellation, we may still save it and organize a change of ownership while they are overseas.

The account is still active and is set to be canceled on the 5th of April. If the account holder can contact us here or via Email, we will request to hold the cancellation. But once the account status is Inactive, a new order will be processed for you to be able to use the service.

Kind regards,

BasilDV