upgrade internet

SOLVED Go to solution
cheng
Level 2
i current running two separete internet in my house, one is OPTUS cable plan and one is TPG adsl plan, what would happen if i upgrade my optus cable plan to NBN, will the TPG plan remain the same, or gone. i would like keep both internet.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @cheng ,

Welcome to TPG Community!

If the available NBN technology for you is HFC (Hybrid Fibre Coaxial), then there's a possibility that the TPG ADSL will remain the same as it is running on a different infrastructure.

However, the ADSL/DSL connection will soon be obsolete once the NBN technology is fully implemented in the area. Once NBN has announced your area is ready for service you will generally have 18 months to move your landline phone and internet services to the new NBN network, although some service providers might have shorter timeframes.

Any services you do not cancel or move to the NBN within the specified timeframe will be disconnected.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

BasilDV

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @cheng ,

Welcome to TPG Community!

If the available NBN technology for you is HFC (Hybrid Fibre Coaxial), then there's a possibility that the TPG ADSL will remain the same as it is running on a different infrastructure.

However, the ADSL/DSL connection will soon be obsolete once the NBN technology is fully implemented in the area. Once NBN has announced your area is ready for service you will generally have 18 months to move your landline phone and internet services to the new NBN network, although some service providers might have shorter timeframes.

Any services you do not cancel or move to the NBN within the specified timeframe will be disconnected.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

BasilDV