TPG Community

Get online support

5g Cancellation

ouy
Level 2
Level 2

I've cancelled my 5g account 3 weeks ago, However i was charged for $64.99 even though i had already requested about my cancellation before the billing cycle. And after i called in the operator, she told me to write an email requesting a cancellation and refund for $64.99 which i did but since then it has been more than two weeks now and everytime I call them, all they say is it's still on process and wait for 24 - 48 hours but it has been more than two weeks that I was told that for the first time. If this continues i will again be charged for $64.99 for the next billing cycle. I don't know how this even works, as soon as i said I wanted to cancel my 5g account and create a new one, they made a new account for me. They did not even take 3-4 hours for creating a new nbn account. However, turns out cancelling my account for some reason is taking them forever. I've been a loyal customer of TPG since past 2 years but its getting to the point that it feels like im being ignored and its frustrating that I have to call them every 2-3 days asking about what's going on. One of the operator even hung up the phone 2 times in a row today. 

My account is xxxxxx if any of the operator/ technician still wants to check it.

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @ouy

Thanks for raising this to our attention.

We've edited your post as it contains your account username.

Please avoid posting any information on a public thread as it may compromise your account security.

We'll chase this with our Accounts team and provide updates once available.

BasilDV

ouy
Level 2
Level 2

Its frustrating how long its taking just to cancel an account. Looks like TPG doesn't care about its old customers instead it feels like they just want to make new customers. I've been told the same thing "We'll chase this with our Accounts team and provide updates" so many times now that I just want this to stop. I just want to ask TPG to atleast let me know how much do I have to wait until my 5g wireless account gets cancelled because it looks like they don't know and don't have any idea regarding closing an account or if they need to properly teach their staff how to do their job.

BasilDV

Hi @ouy

The cancellation of the account usually happens to the date or time frame that our team initially provided.

In your case, we've encountered an issue within the system that caused the delay.

This has been raised and will provide updates once available.

BasilDV

ouy
Level 2
Level 2

But it has been more than 2 weeks now. How long does it take to solve an issue regarding the cancellation of an account. 2 weeks is a long time. And as i've mentioned above, initially i cancelled my account 3 weeks ago. Unbelieveable, at this time and period solving an computer error/ issue is taking more than 2 weeks in an internet service provider company which probably has more than enough computer engineers working for them.

Angeli

Hi @ouy

Your cancellation request is in progress and this is being handled by a dedicated cancellation officer. Once your request is finalised, an email notification will be sent. Apologies for the delay.

Regards, 

Angeli