TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL 2 and home phone bundle - how to easily cancel and get out!?

Let1c1a1
Level 2

I would like to easily cancel my ADSL2 and home phone bundle.  I do not want to have to have a phone conversation.  I just want out, as I am no longer under contract and have organised a new provider, as the speed and connectivity has been very disappointing with TPG.  Please consider a cancellation button in the account area, as this would alleviate further frustration from already frustrated customers.

3 REPLIES 3
Will

Hi @Let1c1a1

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you have decided to cancel your account with us. We would have loved to check your speed issue, but I understand that you have already signed up with another provider.

We've sent you a PM discussing how you can proceed with your request.

Regards,

Let1c1a1
Level 2

I have sent a written request for cancellation via the email address attached to the account.  I do not understand why the PM sent through this site wasn't just sent to the email address supplied when setting up the account.  Nor do I understand why 2 emails were sent to that address notifying me to go to the PM.  I then had to look up this community Ask a Question area to find out how to even access the PM, as this is not at all apparent.  As per my other email, I am very frustrated by the lengths customers have to go to to cancel an account with you.  Please also consider this as a written notification, just as a double check.  I am assuming, given my account is no longer contracted, as well as the poor quality of internet recieved over many months, that no further charges will be made to my account.

Will

Hi @Let1c1a1

Your cancellation request via the Community will not be considered as a formal request since there's a dedicated team that will handle it.

If you have already sent an email to the address we provided, please wait for a feedback from our Escalations Team within 24-48 business hours.

As for the emails that you received from the community, these are simply notifications informing you if someone sent you a PM or that someone replied to your comment.

Regards,