speeds but pay the same as NBN users.
NOT FAIR TPG!

5 REPLIES 5
seahunter68
Level 3

Any chance TPG can reply to this?

BasilDV

Hi @seahunter68,

Thanks for raising this with us. The speed of the ADSL2+ service depends on the cable distance and the quality of the copper cable that is being used to provide you the connection. I was able to locate your account using your community details and learned that you are about 3.49 Km away from the local exchange or server. You are getting a good sync speed of 3538Kbps Downstream and 1012Kbps Upstream.

We believe that we offer competitive price for our ADSL2+ service as we need to consider the infrastructure that we are renting from our third party provider.

We can't compare the prices for ADSL2+ and NBN service as they have different infrastructure owners and rental fees.

If you would like to get a real time support, you may contact our team via phone call. Refer to this link, for the contact numbers.

Kind regards,

seahunter68
Level 3

So I sit here and my download speed is averaging 60kB/s!
The pain of trying to even watch a simple 1.30min youtube video.

Considering the old copper infrastructure that you are renting from telstra the price
should be considerably less!
Can't compare that to the massive expense the NBN rollout has been.
Hence my question as to WHY are we paying the same price for old technology!

You are slightly cheaper because you don't offer ANY service guarantee so there is no
compensation at all for any lack or or no service.

Shane

Hi @seahunter68,

I ran initial tests on your connection and it shows a possible line fault.

I will raised this to our Engineering Team for further test and investigation, assessment may take 24-48hrs and update will be provided via SMS or Phone call.

Please PM me your best contact number and preferred time.

In case you need a reference:

How to send a Private Message.

Regards,

Riezl

Hi @seahunter68, our Engineering Team tried to contact you to discuss the latest update, but to no avail.

As per checking, the case has been lodged to Tesltra and a technician has been booked anytime between now and 21/Sep/2018.

Should you have further queries, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.