TPG Community

Get online support

Can't see how purchase additional mobile data on VM4 plan.

SOLVED Go to solution
Dropbear087
Level 3

Hello. I've read everything i can find about purchasing additional data but have hit a roadblock unfortunately.

Is it even possible to purchase 'additional data blocks' as i've read? Does it only apply to PAYG accounts and not to Prepaid accounts such as VM4? Even though my balance was almost $80 it didn't give me the option to use any of that, rather it suggested (and still suggests) to add funds. Thinking maybe the existing balance was reserved for overseas roaming or suchlike, i added 10 bucks taking it to almost $90 but still no option given to purchase the additional data blocks.

Can anyone help with this please?

EDIT: Not needing a reply now. Got impatient so used the online chat and have an additional 1GB of data for $10 to hopefully last me me until end of billing month on 24th.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @Dropbear087 . I saw your red note. Following is for current mobile plans. If you run out of data, it is topped up automatically from your pre-paid balance. Many of the VM plans are discontinued.

Prepaid Balance:

In addition to your recurring monthly plan charge, you have the option to make additional prepayments for usage that is not within the included value for your plan, by topping up your Prepaid Balance. Minimum $10 top-up to Prepaid Balance required. You may top-up your Prepaid Balance when you purchase your service or any time at tpg.com.au/account. If your service is cancelled, any unused balance of your Prepaid Balance will not be refunded.

Excess Data:

TPG Mobile plans have a certain amount of included data each monthly billing cycle. If at any time in a billing cycle you use up the amount of included data, we will charge $10 out of your Prepaid Balance to increase the amount of included data available in that particular billing cycle by 2GB. If there are insufficient funds in your Prepaid Balance, your mobile data will become inactive until your Prepaid Balance is topped up.

Charges for Excess Data:

We will charge $10 out of your Prepaid Balance (if available) which will give you an extra 2GB to use for the remainder of the billing period . Over 2GB excess data: We will charge an additional $10 out of your Prepaid Balance (if available) which will give you an extra 2GB to use for the remainder of the billing period.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
david64
Level 15

Hi @Dropbear087 . I saw your red note. Following is for current mobile plans. If you run out of data, it is topped up automatically from your pre-paid balance. Many of the VM plans are discontinued.

Prepaid Balance:

In addition to your recurring monthly plan charge, you have the option to make additional prepayments for usage that is not within the included value for your plan, by topping up your Prepaid Balance. Minimum $10 top-up to Prepaid Balance required. You may top-up your Prepaid Balance when you purchase your service or any time at tpg.com.au/account. If your service is cancelled, any unused balance of your Prepaid Balance will not be refunded.

Excess Data:

TPG Mobile plans have a certain amount of included data each monthly billing cycle. If at any time in a billing cycle you use up the amount of included data, we will charge $10 out of your Prepaid Balance to increase the amount of included data available in that particular billing cycle by 2GB. If there are insufficient funds in your Prepaid Balance, your mobile data will become inactive until your Prepaid Balance is topped up.

Charges for Excess Data:

We will charge $10 out of your Prepaid Balance (if available) which will give you an extra 2GB to use for the remainder of the billing period . Over 2GB excess data: We will charge an additional $10 out of your Prepaid Balance (if available) which will give you an extra 2GB to use for the remainder of the billing period.