TPG Community

Get online support

Cancel Service / I'm Homeless / 63 Days and Counting

Hobo
Level 2

I am financially disadvantaged and mentally unable to proceed with your procedures.

I have informed TPG of my financial situation (Homeless) and you still continue to bill me and will not cancel my service.

I do not have a mobile number and do not have a home (homeless) to take any calls. There is no need to contact me by phone as there is nothing to discuss as I have already submitted the cancellation form 66 days ago.

I requested this service be cancelled on the 23/12/2023. (66 days ago)

I received confirmation back on the 25/12/2023. (63 days ago)

ACCC law requires the provision of the ability to cancel/unsubscribe from services at any time when outside contract.

The confirmation I received from TPG did not mention any further details or action being required from myself, after receiving another invoice from TPG I emailed many times to many different emails and only after 49 days I received a single email from TPG telling me I need to start the cancellation process again? (It took TPG 2 months to tell me to start again, I am broke and homeless and you refuse to cancel my service)

There are no details or procedures to follow to have the service cancelled.

If any of the cancellation process was mentioned on the sign up page I would have never signed up to the service.

TIO reference numbers for the complaint I have made:

TIO:0001366030275

Reference number: 2024-02-05195

Your preferred outcome:

1. Cancel service.

2. Refunded my previous invoice (which TPG had no right to take).

3. Supply the address to return the modem/router.

I do not have a mobile number and do not have a home (homeless) to take any calls. There is no need to contact me by phone as there is nothing to discuss as I have already submitted the cancellation form 66 days ago.

Regards
Hobo

1 REPLY 1
Hobo
Level 2

Is there a reason the TPG reps/mods are ignoring the cancellation requests on here? Your emails claim the TPG "Community is a one stop shop for TPG customer help and support"

I see you are replying to everyone except the cancellation requests, I am keeping note of this for my current TIO complaint.