Cannot cancel

Derek1
Level 2

We would like to cancel our account and refunded for the period of 3 weeks which have received no ADSL + NBN even though we were informed that our NBN service was up and running. 

We want to be refunded for January & February for both ADSL + NBN and return the modem & router which are completely useless. Username is zeynepdilek

Contact us as soon as possible. We have already emailed cancel at tpg com au twice. 

8 REPLIES 8
Derek1
Level 2

I have already sent an email through ACCC, about the issue. We have tried to cancel our commitment, asking a refund as well as instructions to send the devices back to TPG. This is not proceeding, even the promised time limit has passed.

If we do not complete the cancellation by today, we will lodge a formal complaint with NSW Fair Trading and/or report my issue to the ACCC.

Besides, we cannot initiate our process with another ISP, because TPG has not cancelled our order from NBNCo. Please proceed, and send us refund/return instructions today. 

Regards

Derek1
Level 2

I received an sms asking for address confirmation and nothing happens afterwards. This is a fraudulent cycle and designed to put people in endless loops. I will proceed with ACCC, since there is no way to cancel account with TPG. I am asking to be refunded, a return address for modem and not being charged further... I have no internet for 3 weeks and cannot return/cancel.

I have already bought NBN from another ISP,  and they cannot initiate my process because TPG does not cancel my account.

This is ILLEGAL.

Ahra_G

Hi @Derek1

Welcome to Community! 

We apologise for the delay in response. 

I have since raised your concern to our Customer Relations team.  As part of our complaints process, a Customer Relations officer has been assigned as a sole point of contact and will be attempting to reach your contact information to discuss the concerns raised and work towards resolution.

Your assigned officer received the endorsement today and is currently assessing your case. Please await for a feedback from your assigned officer  either via phone call or email. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Derek1
Level 2
The fraudulent cycle continues. Nobody has reached me as expected, but this is strengthening the complaint cases with reproducible practices.

1. I need refunded for having no connectivity during Jan and Feb.
2. I still haven’t been provided instructions to return your devices.
3. I need my account cancelled, refunded 10 aud extra that you have taken for returning the devices.
4. I need my never ending NbnCo appointment/commitment removed. I have a new ISP and you are illegally blocking me from reaching internet while making me pay for over 3 weeks.
Derek1
Level 2

Additionally,

Today I was informed once more that I would receive a call within 24 to 48 hours. Previously, I was told that this process could not be completed over the phone, and asked to send an e-mail. 

1. It is not possible to cancel an account online, which is advised legally in Australia. 

2. I was forced to accept a Customer Service Waiver, which is also illegal to ask for. This document is forced when transfer to NBN happens. This document was sent as a PDF while, where I was verbally informed that this waiver could be cancelled. This is very serious and already reported. 

3. I will update this thread and continue to document all the process that started on 24 Jan 2020. 

Riezl

We have already made a follow up and forwarded your messages to our Complaints Resolution Team, @Derek1.

We'll make sure that you'll be contacted within the day to via email or phone call.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

happybub
Level 2

Please update how you go. I want to cancel my account as since i did not have internet since last two week. But they are still charging me for period that internet that did not work and charge 1 month in advance. It's very frustrating to deal with them. 

Level 2

I'm on the same boat now! I have been trying to get in contact with TPG for a week and a half. I'm moving wanted to move my service and because they only do chats I stayed on the chat line for hour and a half and no one. For days and finally got an email saying I need to email relocation@tpg.com.au. Again no answer for days. I tried chat again. Tried phone. Tried chat finally got to someone. Gave them my details told them i wanted to CANCEL and again this moderator Amiel just says will connect you over now...thank you. Bye for now. What does that mean? Has it been cancelled. I'm also writing a complain to ACCC now. Its impossible to cancel. There is no direct email link and your requests are just always denied. I get charged for nothing while I want to cancel. They make it so difficult.