TPG Community

Get online support

Complaint-Waiting for a refund

Ibrahim007
Level 2
I have been waiting for a $612 refund from tpg since the last two weeks. I first called them to ask why was I even charged $612 in the first place, and they told me it was for the modem they sent. Now I never ordered a new modem, nor was I told a new modem was being sent & nor did I even receive one. Anyways it was a mishap on their end and I was told the refund has been processed and should be received in 3-5 days. Waited a week. No refund. Called again last week and was told a refund has been issued and it will take 3-5 days. It has been 7 days now and I still dont have the money.
I have read other people have been waiting months for a refund and I really cannot afford to do that right now. First to be billed by mistake and then to wait so long for a refund is frustrating! It is not some small amount and I need the refund asap as I have other bills to pay.
8 REPLIES 8
Angeli

Hi @Ibrahim007

Welcome to TPG Community! 

Seems that you have signed up to 5G Home Broadband as you mentioned the $612 which is the cost of the modem non return fee. We can have this discussed further and we'll definitely refund you this amount should we determine that the equipment has been delivered back to us. Please message us with your TPG customer ID or username and we'll take it from there. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli

Ibrahim007
Level 2
I did not sign up for the 5G home broadband. And I have cleared that up over the phone the 3 times now! Each time I was told the refund has been issued and yet I still do bot have the money.
Angeli

Hi @Ibrahim007

We've received your private message and refer to our response there. Thanks!

Ibrahim007
Level 2
Still no refund!
Ibrahim007
Level 2
I am still waiting for the refund. I keep being told its going to be in your in 2-3 days and yet 25 days have passed now! I have been a customer for 10 years now. This is seriously highly disappointing from tpg
BasilDV

Hi @Ibrahim007

The refund has been entered to the bank account registered.

We apologise for the delay.

Have a good day!

BasilDV

Phmkrn
Level 2

Hi, I've had the same issue as you for about a month now and I'm wondering if you have gotten your refund yet?

Shane

Hi @Phmkrn,

Let us help chase and follow the refund for you. Could you shoot us a PM with your details to better understand the situation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi, I've had the same issue as you for about a month now and I'm wondering if you have gotten your refund yet?