TPG Community

Get online support

Data usage on 50gig plan

arty71
Level 2

Hi Guys,

I just got installed NBN on the 11.2 speed at $49.99/month.

All is good until now that I have reached my 50gig on my peak time limit.

I checked the usage and on one day I used 22gig between 8:30am until 2:30 am the following day... wow... that is unbelievable as I'm asleep by 12:30am and I have never used 22gig on my ADSL plan ever.... 

So my question is how did this happen? 

3 REPLIES 3
Riezl

Hi @arty71 ,please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

arty71
Level 2

Ok so I'm back again......

I have tested the usage for this month. So I did the following changes to see if I get close to 50gig of internet on and off peak. So during off peak times we are sleeping.

During this time of the month to put down our usage I now switch off wifi when not in use during the day and night. Also disconnect my computer from the modem.

Now during December on my bill it shows we are connected 23h then another day 24h and so on... I have changed the usual default username and password for both modem and wifi. 

But still somehow we are connected as using it for 24h. How can this be?

Very strange....  Can someone out there explain to me we are connected for 24h? Is this because my modem is on for 24h.... Yes it is but no one is using the net.... How come other days it says 2h or 4h usage.... I can't understand it.

BasilDV

Hi @arty71

But still somehow we are connected as using it for 24h. How can this be?

Very strange....  Can someone out there explain to me we are connected for 24h? Is this because my modem is on for 24h.... Yes it is but no one is using the net...

Yes, that's the connected time of your modem per day.

How come other days it says 2h or 4h usage....

It is possible that the connection of the modem was restarted or refreshed.

We understand that you've changed your NBN plan to the unlimited data package. If you need further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV