I've been stuck overseas for some time and I would like to find out how I can disable voicemail while I am outside of Australia.
1. I do have the sim with me.
2. I don't have international roaming.
3. I've tried the mobile control settings panel in my account settings on the TPG website, but there is no way to deactivate voicemail.
I would be grateful for any advice.
Welcome to the community!
You may dial 1214 SEND on the handset to deactivate VM and to remove all active diversions set on the handset are removed or dial ##002# SEND instead.
Note: Deactivating VM on the network level will delete VM information and stored messages
Let us know should you require further assistance
Thanks for your reply, but I'm not sure you understand my situation.
As I mentioned:
1. I am overseas (I'm currently in Hong Kong, NOT in Australia).
2. I do NOT have international roaming activated.
3. I do NOT want to activate international roaming, since I will have $500 deducted from my credit card.
I do have the TPG sim with me.
If I follow your instructions, please confirm that:
- voicemail will be deactivated, even though I'm NOT in Australia, AND
- international roaming will NOT be activated.
If either of these cannot be confirmed, can you please tell me how I can deactivate voicemail from overseas.