TPG Community

Get online support

Excess data charger nbn unlimitedppan

eannabel
Level 2
I have recently checked my upcoming bill and it appears that I will have to pay an excess charge of $20 despite having an unlimited plan. This has left me somewhat confused. If someone could please clarify why this is the case it would be greatly appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
KarlB

Hi @eannabel 

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi @eannabel 

The Home Phone Prepayment Outside Included Value is a pre-payment kept on the account for charges outside or in excess of your plan's included value. If your POIV (Prepayment Outside Included Value) goes below $10, we will automatically top up an amount to make it $20 again. 

The initial $20 pre payment is necessary as the Internet and home phone Line rental bundle we are offering you today is sold as Pre-paid. As the line we are connecting will be capable of being used as a standard home phone service, the pre-payment will act as a reserve for any calls made that are not included in your bundle selection. If you choose not to make calls, then this payment will remain intact with no further payment made towards your monthly service charges.

We've configured the system to notify you (or other customers on the same plan) that once the Home Phone Prepayment Outside Included Value has dropped below $10, we will automatically debit the account to restore the required balance of $20.00.

Hope this video helps: TPG $20 Prepayment Outside Included Value

Please feel free to let us know should you have further queries.

Regards,

Karl

d01finlay
Level 2

Riezl

Hi @d01finlay , if you are having the same issue, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Howardrebecca
Level 2
I have the same issue TPG...I paid $20 for the prepaid balance on signing up then has another$20 extra with first billing as excess DESPITE having unlimited plan and plus 10 oztalk. Why?
BasilDV

Hi @Howardrebecca

Welcome to the Community!

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

How do I private message (PM) in the community?

BasilDV