TPG Community

Get online support

How To Top Up TPG Mobile Prepaid Balance

Shane

Your prepaid balance is used for all calls, text and data that aren’t part of your monthly plan, such as additional data blocks. You can choose if and when to top up, so you’re in complete control of your spend – with no nasty bill shock surprises at the end of the month.

1. Log in to TPG My Account

2. Select Top up Prepaid Balance.

3. Select the amount to top up ($10, $20, $50, $100 or $200) and hit Review order.

1.png

Note: If you have an outstanding balance, you will have to settle it before adding a prepaid balance.

2.png

4. You'll see a summary of your purchase. Use the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions.

3.png

5. Next, select your payment method. An immediate payment using your existing payment method is selected by default. Hit Proceed if you wish to continue and your prepaid balance will be applied after your payment clears.

Note: Payments via direct debit may take up to 3 to 6 business days to clear. Payment via credit card may take from 15 minutes, up to 4 hours to clear.

4.png

6. Alternatively, select Credit Card and enter the Cardholder Name, Credit Card Name, Expiry Date and CVC to make an immediate payment via credit card. Select Make payment and your prepaid balance will be applied after your payment clears.

Note: Credit card payments typically clear within the hour. 3.02% surcharge applies for Amex and 2.75% for Diners Club. Ticking the "Save details for all future payments" box will overwrite the payment method for your regular TPG invoices.

5.png

Need more assistance? You may call TPG Customer Service at 13 14 23 (option 3).

Related Article:

TPG Mobile - Online Account Management Tool - My Account - TPG Community

Article Contributor Angeli L

18 REPLIES 18
AndyJ
Level 2
I have followed this method perfectly. TPG support staff have also tried.
All four attempts at topping my mobile account with pre paid using a Visa card have not worked.
Further more money has come out of my bank, one of the attempts was successful so I have actually paid.
Yet i still can’t make calls or send texts.
Been trying to fix this for days.
I am in the middle of going for job interviews and buying a house.
This is unacceptable to say the least.
Please do something TPG so I can use my phone!
I am paying for 5 mobile accounts and an NBN account🤨 Do you actually want me to go find another provider?
BasilDV

Hi @AndyJ

Thanks for raising this to our attention.

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation and see what we can do to resolve this.

Please send me a PM with your customer ID or mobile number to check on this further.

BasilDV

AndyJ
Level 2
Issue still unresolved
PM sent
See if you can fix it. Tech support are unable to sort this issue. Good luck!
davidd02
Level 2

Yes, I have previously used this successfully, but today says "you will need to pay any amount owing", and in the side bar says "Amount Payable: $1.00". However, on my SMS from 5 days ago, it says "your payment of $1.00 has been received", and the invoice is viewable under "Invoices". A couple of months ago, this same problem caused my wife's prepaid phone to stop working, and forced me to spend another hour waiting on the TPG service line. Obviously there is a delay in processing of the credit card payment somewhere - can this be permanently sorted out?

Cheers, David Duffy.

BasilDV

Hi @davidd02

We'll look into your account and raise this to our Mobile team for investigation.

Any updates will be provided once available.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @davidd02

It shows that the initial $1 charge was for the mobile number ending with 429.

The current $1 charge is for the mobile number ending with 671.

Another notification will be provided via SMS once the payment has been successfully posted.

BasilDV

davidd02
Level 2

It is the 429 I want to to top up, and the top-up amounts are still greyed out. Thanks.

BasilDV

I see. We'd like to arrange a call from our Mobile team to check on this further.

Shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted today.

BasilDV

JJ10
Level 2

This page does not explicitly say how long the credit of the top up will last.The Service Desk said "The prepaid balance will last until the credit runs out" which is also vague.

There can be several interpretations. 

1. The additional credit resources only available until next regular prepaid payment is due i.e. it could only last a day or two.
  2. The additional credit resources only available for the same duration as your prepaid payment cycle.  If you pay monthly then the additional credit resources are avaialbe for a full month.
  3. The additional credit resources last until everything is consumed. If the top up is for international SMS usage, a $10 top up lasts until to you have used up $10 worth of SMS messages.

If you have a prepaid package that inludes international calls and no SMS this could work out to be very expensive option if you want to use international SMS services.  The prepaid international call package is voice only no SMS.