Locked out of account

jamesmit
Level 2
I'm also locked out of my email account after 15 years of being a customer. Ridiculous that I can't even login to add a number or to pay my bill!!!

I received a billing email to pay, but I'm seriously worried about it as it looks like a phishing attempt
Is this url legit to post my CC details to pay????
https://tpg-com-au-baca04.ingress-bonde.ewp.live/tpg/argo/
BasilDV

Hi @jamesmit

We'd like to confirm the notification you received.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

Also, may we know the reason why you were locked out of your account? Are you using your updated mobile number on the account?

Or you don't have a mobile number linked to the account?

BasilDV

jamesmit
Level 2
Sent pm
hometohogwarts
Level 2

Yep, having the same issue.  Email is not a secure way in which to send id.  Am absolutely shocked that TPG are happy to lose customers over this.  I've tried to move my internet to a new address and they refuse to as my mobile number has changed since I signed up.

The funny thing here is they have my new number as I switched to tpg for phones after I changed to them for internet!

Greg_Erskine
Level 2

I am having the exactly the same issue. The TPG Telecom Privacy Team are insisting on a selfie. I don't do selfies, never have, never will. I choose not to have email on my mobile.

What really gets me is, I have had my internet with TPG for over 22 years and my TPG mobile phone for over 9 years. Before the internet, I used to buy VT100/VT220 terminals from Total Peripherals Group. Can't someone verify the information between my two accounts?

Anyway, in preparation for the day when the wheels fall off my TPG accounts, I have been updating my email addresses on dozens of my online accounts, changing passwords, adding phone numbers and activating 2FA where possible, with ease, and no requests for selfies. At least this situation has forced a review of my 100 or so online accounts.

Angeli

Hi @Greg_Erskine

Welcome to TPG Community! 

We can understand your point on sending your personal details to our Privacy Team. We'll have one of our case officer from Customer Relations Team to discuss the matter with you. Kindly message us with your TPG customer ID/username along with your preferred callback number and time. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 
Angeli

Greg_Erskine
Level 2

Well, I have had some progress on Wednesday.

First I had the Support Team telling me to do a selfie.

Next I had the Privacy Team telling me to do a selfie.

Now I have Customer Relations telling me to do a selfie.

Not looking promising....

Greg_Erskine
Level 2

Just got a call from Customer Relations. Fingers crossed.

Greg_Erskine
Level 2

Success!

Thanks TPG guys for finding a solution.

sam110
Level 2
I have the same problem. Despite being a loyal customer of TPG for at least ten years I have been locked out of my account because the mobile number is missing. To add a mobile number it appears TPG wants me to provide copies of my ID and even selfies. After multiple recent hacks of major corporations I am not willing to give such sensitive information when frankly it is not necessary.

You can call me on the home phone number that you provide with my NBN service and ask me for my mobile number. Alternatively you can send me an email to the address you have on file and ask for my mobile number.