Moving Services

smikog
Level 2

Hi, we are trying to move our ADSL2+TPG Phone services to the new address - actually two streets away from the old house.

I register our request on 26-June-19 asking for moving process to be completed by 12th of July.

Due TPG staff mistake, attend to check for available phone line was performed on 08/07/19, when house still was occupied by previous owner. On the 8th report from Telstra says that their no available line for connection.

On 15/07/19 my request was resubmitted and appointment for technician scheduled on 25/07/19 from 8 to 12.

I was forced to take a time off from work - as an adult should be in the house for technician to be able to access. No one show up during scheduled time, no one can provide any information about installation status till 4pm. When I called to the technical support to check the status – the answer was “TELSTRA technicians were overloaded with work and did not have a chance to access my address”.

Technician appointment was rescheduled for 02/08/19, same time, 8-12.

Today my son has to take a time off from work to be presented at home for Telstra technician access.

I am writing this e-mail at 14-45pm, 02/08/19.

Still no internet, No Telstra technician (as per information for TPG support – due some OH&S issues at Telstra). From 12/07/19 we do not internet services, but have been charged for this as usual. As of today nobody can give me any estimated time when internet services will be provided on new address.

Apart from everything, my husband running his business from home – and currently we are experience financial losses due lack of TPG internet services by using temporary internet dongle.

My Question is – WHEN I CAN GET INTERNET SERVICES?

5 REPLIES 5
Will

Hi @smikog 

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for raising this with us. My apologies that you've had less than favorable installation experience.

Using your community details, I was able to check your account and review your installation history. From what I gathered you contacted us on June 28 requesting to relocate your service to a different address. Based on our records, the Moving Home Team advised you that installation takes 5-20 working days. Since he's trying to factor in the day when you're supposed to move to the new address, he suggested that the installation order starts on July 8 to which you agreed. The order was rejected on July 12. The reason given was that there's no vacant Telstra infrastructure at that time. The order was resubmitted and July 25 installation date was provided. As you mentioned, unfortunately, the appointment was missed by Telstra technician due to a high workload. It was then rescheduled for today (August 2). The Telstra technician, however, didn't have access to the exchange, hence why they were not able to complete the installation. There's no new technician appointment as of yet, but I can see that there's a Provisioning Case Manager who's already monitoring your account and who will be providing you the updates directly (via SMS, email or phone call) once they become available. Feel free to leave a comment if you have other concerns or questions that we can look into.

Regards,

smikog
Level 2

Hi, thank you for your reply, but I wouldn’t say that it was helpful or explain anything that I didn’t know. I still didn’t get answer to my question – when relocation services will be completed. As per information provided on TPG website, to install service at my new address should take 5 to 20 business day. All services were disconnected from old address but not connected to new one. Nobody contacted me, No new appointment set for Telstra technician.

Is it possible to do anithing in this situation or I just have to wait? How long will take to solve this matter? 

An d I did mentioned that to run a bisiness we have to buy "mobile" internet that cost a fortune. Can we expect any compensation from TPG?

Regards, N

BasilDV

Hi @smikog,

Your case manager was trying to call you last Friday to no avail.

They would like to discuss this issue further. Do you have any preferred time to receive a call today?

Regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @smikog,

I've responded to your PM.

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Due to technical limitation on our end, we can't expedite the installation of your service.

The issue within the Telstra's exchange is quite complex which they require more time in order to resolve the issue.

Our team kept on applying pressure, however, our wholesale provider is still unable to provide an ETR (estimated time of restoration) to when will the issue be resolved.

Further updates with the case will be relayed by your case manager as soon as it becomes available.

Regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @smikog 

We understand that the service has been installed and appears that it is working within specification.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

BasilDV