TPG Community

Get online support

Request to stop contacting me Unsuccessful.

rojtel
Level 3

Hi, 

I have on several occasions requested to unsubscribe from being contacted from your sales team regarding your products and services. I have raised this issue with you previously: even passed my account details to you via PM requesting you stop conacting me and yet i still receive sales based correspondence from you.

None of the "unsubscribe" links you provide in SMS or emails work: i am always met with a message stating "request denied" which i believe breaches spam laws in Australia.. 

So far you have continued to attempt to contact me via: 

SMS

Inbound phone call

Email

Last week and today two inbound phone calls from your Sydney based number: I have now blocked your number. 

My time and Patience has warn thin and i have since reported you to the ACMA spam line. You as a internet service provider and telco need to get this right. Surely it cant be that hard. 

I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SPEND HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH YOU ASKING TO STOP CONTACTING ME UNLESS ITS FOR TECH SUPPORT. 

I have been a long term customer of TPG, 10+ continous years and i dont need a sales team calling me to try to convince me whats best for me as a consumer. I can make my own descisions based on my own research. The acma advise me they will be in contact with you.

Thanks for your time.

2 REPLIES 2
Ahra_G

Hi @rojtel,

We're sorry about the inconvenience.  Send us a private message and we'll bring up your account. 

-Ahra_G

alanguide
Level 7

I don't get these but would be furious if I did, for same reasons as you
This might be a red herring but could some/many/all of these be non-genuine, which would explain why the links entiled 'Unsubscribe' don't achieve that?