Setup Fee

careyjw
Level 2

Hi guys,

I am about to switch from ADSL2+ to NBN with no lock in contract. Can someone tell me when the setup fee will be debited from my nominated account?

Cheers,

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @careyjw

Thanks for your query. 

The set-up fee will be processed the same day we processed the order. For credit cards, the deduction will be real-time and for direct debits, there will be a clearance period.

The installation of the service will start as soon as we receive the specified funds from the customer.

Should you have further queries, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers! 

careyjw
Level 2
So is the order processed on the day I submit the request online? If I submit it today will it be processed today? Or is it some days later?
BasilDV

Hi @careyjw,

Yes, if you are going to submit the order today, it will be processed today.

The order will progress once we receive the initial payment of your order.

If you would like to discuss this further, please shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted and I'll notify our Change of plan team to call you for your convenience.

How to send a PM? Click here.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

careyjw
Level 2

I went to sign up for NBN50 with no contract and saw that the initial upfront payment included the $99.95 setup fee and a $99 cancellation fee.

My understanding is that the cancellation fee is only applicable if you are transferring while still under contract. My ADSL contract expired a long time ago so no fee should be payable. Can someone please explain to me why I am being asked to pay an upfront cancellation fee.

I am seriously looking at going to another service provider.

Riezl

Hi @ careyjw, 

Welcome to TPG Community!

The cancellation fee will be applied if the account is still in contract if not 30 days notice will apply. 

Since your account is no longer in contract you will only pay  $99.95 for the set up fee.  

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.