TPG Community

Get online support

TPG Refusing to Close Account

cubriffic
Level 2
I am currently extremely frustrated with this issue and need some help dealing with it.

I changed plans with TPG at the beginning of December, from a wireless broadband plan to an NBN plan. I was told they would need to set up a new account and would cancel my old one. No problem, my NBN was set up with no problems. I additionally sent back my router in early December (with my account number attached) believing that my account had been cancelled.

Two weeks later, I receive a $54.99 charge to my bank. Turns out TPG had NOT closed my account at all. I called and managed to finally get it cancelled. It took 4 days for them to confirm that a cancellation request had actually gone through.

It's now been two weeks and there is no sign that they've actually done anything. I can still freely access my old account and I have received no updates on my old account aside from "we have received a request for your cancellation". I have no idea what that means and it should NOT take over two weeks to cancel an account that should've been closed a month ago.

If this issue isn't settled by my next billing date (January 11) I will be contacting both my bank and the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman for them to deal with it. I cannot afford two accounts continually charging my bank.
1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

We'd like to have a better understanding of the situation and see how can we help @cubriffic 

Just send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV