TPG Community

Get online support

TPG are unlawfully charging for email services on closed accounts

RobH
Level 3

For all those folk migrating across to TMC due to TPG "offering improved service" to customers, so they say!

TPG are still charging for IMAP services on email accounts that no longer exist at TPG.

This is an illegal and  disgusting way to treat the loyal customers who have been there for years.

If you had an IMAP email account you paid a yearly fee for the service.

They charged me in Oct/Nov last year and I fought them hard for a refund on one accounmt which they eventually did after I disputed the transaction with my bank.

Now they have charged me again in Jan 2024 for another years fee on another IMAP account. 

I demand an immediate refund for a service they no longer provide. 

WARNING! Check your own credit cards for charges like this that they are trying to slip through.

4 REPLIES 4
RobH
Level 3

We have lodged a complaint with our bankers as follows.

TPG no longer offer email services to any company in Australia and asked customers to migrate to other providers. We did in September last year and they now continue to make charges for accounts they no longer manage or hold. This misleading and deceptive conduct and is illegal. We want a refund.

BasilDV

Hi @RobH 

In order to help you with your concern and have a reasonable resolution, please respond to the private message to complete the verification.

BasilDV

RobH
Level 3

@BasilDV ,

You have more than enough details to identify my account.

How do I know that you even work for TPG?

Why do you need lots of sensitive information to identify me when I have already provided privately my account number.

Talk to the accounts department, you are illegally charging me for IMAP email services that you no longer provide.

Sort this out now and ask accounts department to issue a refund.

The only resolution needed is for TPG to issue an immediate refund.

There is no debate about the matter TPG are charging illegally.

Rob

BasilDV

Hi @RobH 

As part of our security measures to help keep your data and account information safe, we require customers to complete the verification.

We understand and respect if you don't want to complete it with us.

You can always call our Support Team on 1300 993 011 for real-time assistance.

BasilDV