TPG Community

Get online support

TPG billing cycle and advance payments explained

Manuel
Community Manager

TPG billing cycle and advance payments explained

This article will help you understand:

• When does my billing period start?
  • How do I check my billing cycle start date?
  • Why does TPG charge 7 days in advance of my billing cycle renewal?
  • What should I do if TPG if payment is not successful?
  • How can I update my Credit Card or Direct Debit payment details?

When does my billing period start?

Your monthly billing cycle starts from the date your service is activated. For example, the date your internet service is installed or your mobile phone is activated.

Your billing cycle does not necessarily start from the date your sign up with TPG and we debit your installation fees.

How do I check my billing cycle start date?

You can check your billing cycle via TPG My Account at https://www.tpg.com.au/account.

Tip! For help with using TPG My Account, check out this Community article.

For Internet services (Including Home Phone bundles)

• Click Check Your Account Usage

image.png

• Check the date in Current Billing Period Ends to find the last day of your current billing cycle. In the below example, this is 6th April 2019.

image.png

• When is the first day of the next billing cycle? The first day of your next billing cycle will be the following day. In the above example, this is 7th April 2019. 
  • When will TPG automatically charge you for your next billing cycle? In the above example, as the billing cycle will start on 7th April 2019, the charge for that billing cycle will be debited 7 days prior on 31st March 2019.

→ For Mobile services

• Click View All Mobile Service Accounts

If your interface is different from the one below, please visit How To Check Your TPG Mobile Usage - TPG Community and  TPG Mobile Billing Cycle Explained - TPG Community

image.png

• Locate the relevant Mobile Service and click Mobile Usage

image.png

• Check the billing cycles. In the below example, the current billing cycle is 11th March 2019 to 10th April 2019.

image.png

• When is the first day of the next billing cycle? In the above example, the first day of the next billing cycle will be 11th April 2019.
  • When will TPG automatically charge you for your next billing cycle? In the above example, as the billing cycle will start on 11th April 2019, the charge for that billing cycle will be debited 7 days prior on 4th April 2019.

I

Why does TPG charge 7 days in advance of my billing cycle renewal?

TPG services are prepaid and each monthly period of service needs is paid in advance.

We will automatically debit payment for your next billing cycle 7 days prior to your billing cycle ending.

There's a few reasons we have this business model and it's all about ensuring we continue to be able to offer the best value services to our customers.

• No need for credit checks before TPG customers can sign up
  • No debt collection
  • Keep our business simple and uncomplicated
  • No bill shock for customers
  • Allows us to offer the best plans and inclusions possible for our customers.
  • Gives customers up to 7 days to retry to make payment should your payment be unsuccessful to avoid any service disruption

What should I do if TPG if payment is not successful?

Occasionally our attempts to debit payment may not be successful, perhaps you had some other unexpected bills causing insufficient funds at the moment we tried to debit, or your existing credit card has expired. To quickly and easily re-process the payment follow the instructions at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/retry-payment.php.

How can I update my Credit Card or Direct Debit payment details?

To update credit card details you can follow this community article: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Accounts-and-Billing/Video-Updating-your-credit-card-details/m-p/717...

7 REPLIES 7
F-warsame114
Level 2
I want to update my credit card to top up my phone
He1225
Level 2
Don't have any idea about account login.
ravydose
Level 2

I recently switched my two mobile accounts from Telstra. A major reason for this move was to ensure that I could have account payments directly debited by TPG on the 5th of each month. Having read the TPG policy above I estimated that I would need my billing cycle to start on the 12th of each month. I entered into contract and the TPG operator asked that I do not activate the new SIMS until the 5th of the month. This seemed strange and I enquired if this activation date would result in auto billing payments to occur on the 5th and I was assured that it would. Yesterday I noticed that auto payments started. I rang TPG and a very professional representative stated that the Billing cycle had started on the 5th not the payment cycle date. I offered to advance pay the part month difference to correct the alignment issue but was refused. The only solution was to wait until contract end in June and reapply. Strangely, the same problem existed for my TPG NBN account and the representative immediately offered to fix the problem if I made a once off part month payment of $15.80 which I accepted. What steps do I need to follow to correct the payment cycle on my two mobile accounts. The only other offer the representative offered was for me to cancel the autopayment and make manual payments on the 5th and risk the termination of services due to late payment. This option is too risky. Why is the TPG mobile department so inflexible when the TPG NBN service is so accommodating?

BasilDV

Hi @ravydose

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, for the Mobile account/service, the billing cycle cannot be changed manually.

BasilDV

ravydose
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

yes, I gathered that from my discussion with the TPG rep. Worthy of note is that it cannot be changed automatically or any other way either. Lesson learnt - don't believe what the sales rep says and ensure you fully understand the contract before activation. I actually think the initial rep did not understand it either. It is also strange that the problem cannot be fixed by offering more money. I guess I am stuck with TPG now and hopefully free up in 6 months time. Never mind

gavingroom
Level 3

The billing cycle makes perfect sense (thanks @Manuel for writing it) but the one thing missing is whether or not TPG send an email beforehand to let a user know an amount will soon be debited. Does this occur? For instance, using the example above, will TPG send an email saying, "Hi Manuel, your account is due to be debited on the 31st of March..." etc.

(Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but it seemed the most apt.)

BasilDV

Hi @gavingroom

Currently, we do not provide any notification before we debit the account of our customers.

We appreciate your insight and make sure that this will reach our Management for reconsideration.

Have a good day!

BasilDV